Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our Ultrasound!



It has just occured to me that in the week since our first ultrasound, I have totally forgotten to post about it!  My only excuse is that it is hard to get dressed these days without feeling like I need to nap again.  So without further ado...



 Introducing Our Newest Little Blessing 
(the little white fuzzball within the dark area...just incase you couldn't tell!)

Last Thursday was the big day of our first ultrasound for this pregnancy.  We were all very excited although Brian and I were both quite apprehensive and anxious about it; we were afraid incase anything may have been wrong.  We were early for our appointment so we had a little waiting to do but thankfully we were the only patients waiting to be seen.  Sure enough the doctor came and was friendly and had a reassuring manner.  We had explained to Dylan the evening before what would happen at the ultrasound to ensure that he didn't get worried or concerned for me.  He was more interested in what the doctor was doing rather than watching the screen!

Everyne gathered around and then we saw baby!  I lovely little white fuzzball with a strong healthy heartbeat.  I was quite overcome with emotion and shed a few tears of joy and gratitude.  A few minutes later we left the building feeling light, warm and happy.  It was an incredible day for our whole family and we are most indeed looking forward to welcoming our little one into the world later this year!

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127 - KJV


3 comments:

CHILDHOOD MAGIC said...

how exciting! congratulations, what a blessing mama!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love seeing that heartbeat for the first time! So happy for you.

I was so tired the first three months of my pregnancies. I think I could fallen asleep standing up!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So excited for you! Loved getting an ultra sound. So happy to hear all is going well.