Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pregnancy Update!




 Baby O'Neill thriving at 18 weeks!

Well since I last blogged about our latest pregnancy many weeks have passed!  No kidding...I have been so tired throughout this pregnancy so far and I am now currently 23 weeks along.  My iron levels are good and I am getting plenty of rest; I just seem to need alot of sleep!.

Brian and I had our 18 week check up with my Domino midwife a little while ago and we had an ultrasound on the same day.  We took both the children along with us as we think it is an enjoyable experience for them both and we were planning on finding out the baby's gender...  Baby was totally not with the programme on this one and would not cooperate!  So we still don't know for sure...though I feel that the baby is a girl.  We'll just have to wait and see I guess :)

The midwife informed me that I may be scheduled for another ultrasound at 36 weeks to check the baby's size; as my last little one weighed in at 10lb 5oz...so they'll want to check that baby is not so big that I run into complications.  Which basically means that they (if I 'go over') may want to induce me earlier than the routine ten days...Hmmm not sure how I feel about that, as I had absolutely no problems delivering Dylan even at such a large size. 

I am getting a rather large tummy now which is wonderful, as I love to stroke, hold, rub and touch it!  I absolutely adore the miraculous feeling that pregnancy brings...the feeling of having life inside of me!  It totally blows me away when I think of it!  I often get teary when praying or listening to our worship songs;  I am so thankful that our Lord chose to bless us again with another little life!  I am handling my emotions much better than I did with our pregnancy with Dylan.  My Beloved would honestly tell you that, at times with our last pregnancy I was horrible to live with and generally 'demonic'!  The Lord has worked so many wonders with me since Dylan was born...

This week I am starting to feel the need to begin to get organised, so I have begun to make a list...(anyone who knows me well, will know that my lists go through several important stages: approximately 4 drafts of the list, spell checked, bulletin or numbered typed versions, divided into sub-sections per family member and/or based in chronological order, and finally a neatly copied out school board version for all to see...just incase anyone complains of being bored!)  My major list comprises of things I would like done, bought, washed, cleaned or achieved before Christmas and baby arrives (due 30th December), then secondly I have completed preliminary and final Christmas lists for the children and for our nieces and nephews. Most of our Christmastime shopping is completed!  I adore purchasing and wrapping gifts, as Christmas is my favourite time of year...however I do not like to leave things till the last minute and knowing how exceedingly large I do become in the latter stages of pregnancy... I decided to take all the gift buying and wrapping upon myself early so as to ensure that it gets done!...And yes I am so aware that my list making does make me seem exceedingly dull...but I love it!

So indeed as you can tell I am so delighted to be 'with-child' again and am enjoying every minute of it!  I am excited for the day that I will hold our precious bundle in my arms as he/she finally comes into the world...hmmm...nothing beats the smell of a newborn!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Precious. Glad to hear a good update! Praying for you, your little one and your family

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Look at that little one! Precious!

sarah in the woods said...

Ultrasound pictures are so sweet. Glad you're enjoying your pregnancy!

Rachel said...

Awww, how sweet! And you're very organised getting the Christmas shopping done - I suppose it's good to get it sorted now with the little one arriving so near Christmas

Sarah said...

Thank you all sweet, sweet ladies!

Rachel - I am actually not a very organised person by nature so I must try my hardest to be so, otherwise I would go under!...And thank you kindly for joining my blog! :)

God Bless you all!