Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crafting Felt Flowers!





A few weeks ago we I was browsing through a few craft websites when I saw some beautiful flowers crafted from woolen felt at Twig and Toadstool!  I thought it would be nice to attempt some with the children so...we got busy!


We printed off the templates found here and proceeded to pin them to our woolen felt.  I have since found an excellent source of 100% woolen felt for those of us folks here in Ireland, that don't want to have to import everything from the U.S!  I will post separately in regards to this newly found treasure! 


Amy and I got cutting and sewing (please excuse the awful attempt above!)  my second flower was much neater in the sewing department!  We had a blast making these and have used them in creating some embellishments to add to our handmade Christmas gifts!  Amy used a bright yellow button on hers and it looks much more fun than the flower pictured; she also is using hers with a safety pin to attach it to her clothing for a bright and colourful accessory!




3 comments:

Chelle said...

Very cute. They look easy to make. We are making decorations for Thanksgiving. I didn't know if you celebrate Thanksgiving in Irland or not. If you do I hope you have a nice one.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Very cute! I ditto Chelle! Hope you're doing well.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

those are awesome!