Monday, February 21, 2011

New Church Outfits!




Recently Amy and I treated ourselves to new outfits for church.  Unfortunately these photographs do not do either of our new skirts justice!  Amy's skirt is just beautiful; the fabric is chiffon with the most lovely colours running through it.  It is for age 16 so it is a little big for her but it does have an adjustable waist so she will hopefully get plenty of wear out of it.  I also bought her a rust coloured T shirt/blouse (not the one pictured) to match but it gapes a little when she would bend so we are going to have to think of a way to make it more modest.  The shoes Amy is wearing are mine!  She had neutral coloured flats to wear but announced that very morning that they had gone to small...we only bought them in November!  I think I'll have to stop feeding her; growing all the time is just plain inconsiderate Amy!

As for me, well this photograph clearly indicates that I still am carrying some excess baggage from my last pregnancy...hmmm!  Other than that I loved wearing this outfit for church!  My skirt was dark purple linen with a scarf belt; it was so comfortable to wear.  My T shirt was just plain white as you can tell and I accessorized with purple beads!  My cardigan is one of my mothers cast-offs which she bought from a second hand store.  I felt very nice wearing this outfit and it made me realise how much I have missed wearing my dresses/skirts during my pregnancy with Meg.  I was not 'feminine dress only' during my pregnancy with Dylan, therefore most of my maternity clothes were jeans or denim dungarees/overalls.  Although I purchased one or two skirts in addition to two maternity dresses I already had; I simply could not just go out and buy all new maternity wear which suited my skirts/dresses only conviction.  Now however I am loving being back in my usual clothing!



4 comments:

Chelle said...

Your outfits are beautiful.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You, two look absolutely lovely!

Twinkle Toes said...

Love your outfits!

In regards to your maternity clothes...I know you don't need them right now, but in the future...Are you able to sew? If you are you can turn pretty much any pair of pants into skirts. I've see a lot of tutorials on how to do it for regular jean pants, but I have a friend who is pregnant and that's how she got all her maternity skirts. She bought maternity pants from thrift stores and then altered them. I don't know if this will help you, but I thought I'd suggest it anyways :D

lisa said...

Beautiful outfits, Sara. I found your blog via your comment on "A Woman's Walk With God" and I love it! :) I am your newest follower and subscriber. I would love for you to stop by and visit me sometime.
Blessings,
Lisa