Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our Littlest Treasure!




Our little Meg is growing up so fast!  She is such a sweet, easy to care for baby; Brian and I are so thankful.  Indeed she does sleep a lot, but when she is awake she is usually very happy either being held by one of us or sitting in the midst of the action propped up on the kitchen armchair!

At present I am introducing her to the Contented Little Baby routine system.  I used this routine with Dylan and we were delighted that he began to sleep the night by twelve weeks and was always happy and contented.  We also never had to resort to 'crying it out'.  Though as Meg is a particularly sleepy baby I have had to tweak it slightly to allow her a little more sleep during the day.  To the delight of my frazzled brain she is also begining to sleep longer in the night.  I simply crave routine!  I must have it or I cannot seem to function; as if my days have no beginning or end!  Seemingly my babies love routine also! 

The purpose of this routine is to enable babies to consume most of their daily requirement of milk in waking hours so as to encourage them to drop the night feed as soon as they are able to.  I must stress that I do not drop that middle of the night feed until my babies are ready to do so.  So far Meg has been seemingly happy on this routine although it is hard to stick to when we have certain outings to go on such as attending book club and church.


I Nearly Managed To Capture Her Smiling In This One!


6 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh, she is beautiful and certainly looks happy and contented. Glad things are going so well for you guys!

His bondservant said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I crave routine as well...so I know how you feel. She sure does look every bit the part of a contented baby. Great work Mama!

Elizabeth said...

Oh wow! She is just so pretty!!!

I've never heard of Contented Little Baby, but you've piqued my curiosity and I've gotta check it out. :-)

Sarah said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments about our little sweetpea!

Elizabeth - You should be able to get it from Amazon or good book store. 'The Contented Little Baby' book by Gina Ford. Its really great!

Camille said...

Hopped over from Jackie's blog (His Bondservant) to *meet* you! It's lovely that you are cherishing these precious (and fleeting) days with your newest little one. May the LORD give you wisdom as you raise her (and your other children) for HIM! She is a sweetie-pie. :)

I found routine with babies to be a life-saver as well...keep it up! The benefits are wonderful.

Many blessings,
Camille

Erin said...

She is beautiful! Such a big girl!