Monday, February 21, 2011

Oxford Reading Tree




Recently my lovely mother bought a complete 'at home' set of Oxford Reading Tree books for Dylan.  As a child I learned to read with these books at school.  Biff, Chip, Kipper and Floppy the dog, I loved them all!  This set comes with a set of each reading level, starting with pre-readers for ages 3-4.  Perfect!

So when my mother arrived at our home one evening, on her way home from work with this set tucked under her arm; I was delighted!  After she had left Dylan and I went to cuddle up on the sofa of the playroom.  Meg played quietly under her playgym whilst Dylan and I read together.  It was so wonderful for me to reconnect with the charcters I had once loved so much.  I cannot wait to begin teaching Dylan to read.  I feel very blessed that, out of all the words he will read in his life time I shall be the one who teaches him how. 


And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
KJV - Deuteronomy 6:7