Thursday, March 17, 2011

You Know You Live In Ireland When...



Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona!


  • Your 'next day delivery' order arrives a month later.
  • You don't even consider driving at the speed limit due to the gigantic potholes peppered along the roadside.
  • You look out your window and see next doors sheep eating your tulips.
  • You don't see anything wrong with stopping in the middle of the road to have a conversation with a pedestrian.
  • Your plumber says he will be there at 10am and arrives a week later at 3pm.
  • You automatically know who "Your man" is.
  • You understand the difference between British Queens and Golden Wonder.
  • You are obsessed with talking about the weather.
  • The thift store charges you full price.
  • You are not offended when someone asks you "Whats the craic?"
Happy St Patricks Day!


3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

LOL! Those are great Happy St. Patrick's Day a day late!

Elizabeth said...

So neat to see what life is like in other places.

The laid back, relaxed lifestyle is very much normal where I live too. Your 5th point about the plumber actually happened to me several months ago.

Katie said...

Oh, this was quite funny to read! I especially like the part about the sheep eating tulips ~ now that would be a fun sight! =)

Just wanted to thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog this morning! You have a lovely blog here, and I see we have a lot in common! I have three children ~ 8, 4, and 1 ~ and we are homeschooling as well. I think I'll be stopping back! =)

Blessings to you from the USA,
Katie