Monday, March 14, 2011

You've Got To Be Kidding?!



This Video Is Not Suitable For Children!



I hope I am not coming across here as someone who get themselves in a 'tizzy' over everything...but this new advert for biscuits is seriously warped!  I was watching the news this morning with Amy keeping up to date on the Japanese earthquake/tsunami disaster...when this advert came on.  I was absolutely speechless!  For biscuits...really!  As if our children are not de-sensitised or sexualised enough.  Obviously the 'brainiacs' at Jacobs biscuits have realised that 'sex sells' even when it comes to biscuits!  I honestly am in shock that this is what it takes to boost sales...how low are they willing to go?  Will they companies stop at nothing to sell their product!  I have already contacted Jacobs to request a response from their advertisement team as to what they plan to do to amend this offensive advertisement and to let them know that they have over-stepped the mark.  I would encourage my readers to do the same and hopefully with a collective voice we can get this filth off the air!

Jacobs Customer Care Complaint/Comment Form

*Edited to add* Please complete this complaint form Advertising Standards Agency (it will only take two minutes of your time)


5 comments:

Chelle said...

What a horrible comercial.

Zsuzsanna said...

Unreal!! As I read your post, I thought to myself, "How bad could it possibly be - it's an ad for crackers!" Well, it was unbelievable. Some pervert in the advertising department. One of the "ladies" in the clip looks like a cross-dressed man.

Sarah said...

Haha Zsuzsanna, my husband said the same thing about that particular 'lady'!

Twinkle Toes said...

WOW...So disgusting! That looked more like a perverted music video disguised as a "biscuit" ad. Sad. This is why we only let our kids watch videos that we've previously viewed and ok'd. There is so much perversion and filth on T.V. now days. (I'm not saying anything negative about you watching T.V. either☺) My husband and I watch the news at night after the kids go to bed because we of it. We're just not quick enough to change the channel or turn it off before they see something bad when it pops up, ya know! I'm sorry you got such a response from them too. I think a lot of people are probably disgusted by it too, but just assume that either no one else is going to complain about it. Or that a bunch of other people did so they don't need to.

Anonymous said...

Wow...sorry to open up an old post but I was reading your blog and this link came up. I agree that this is not appropriate for airing where children might see and Zsuz I agree I was totally watching that sure that was a man!!! Sarah sorry they didn't do more :(