Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Easter Weekend!




I hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend!  I have so enjoyed reading some of your blog updates, about your Easter/Resurrection celebrations.  We have enjoyed some wonderful weather here in Ireland at the moment, which is lovely after the deep frost we experienced this winter.   We did a lot of gardening over the weekend that needed to be done, and though there is still a little work left to do, our garden is looking much nicer and cared for!  I replanted my hanging baskets with lovely deep purple, lilac and white flowers and I cannot wait until they are in full bloom!  Amy and Dylan were very helpful in picking up stones off of the lawn, raking and collecting grass cuttings and hosing down the driveway!   Today my poor hubby once again battled with our large lawn areas and his old trusty push along mower!  I think he will be in need of a back rub later!


My husband and I decided we would watch 'The Passion of the Christ' on Saturday evening after our children had gone to bed.  The movie had been recommended to us by numerous people.  We hoped that it would help us to identify what Christ suffered in order that we might be saved.  We had discussed that we could make it a yearly tradition.  This did not at all go according to plan!  We watched around 45 minutes of this movie before Brian instructed that we should turn it off!  He felt that it was doing neither of us any good to watch it; he was right, I was in floods of tears!  I am quite emotional when it comes to violent or upsetting movies anyway...but this film was on another level.  I was also quite afraid of the devil and demons depicted in this movie. 

Brian and I have discussed very often, that we should judge items such as movies and music that come into our home, by imagining Jesus was watching/listening with us.  If we feel that He would not approve, then we should not watch or listen.  That may sound childlike and simplistic to some, but we have found it a helpful way to make sound judgement within our home.  Brian thinks we should not watch this movie again.


On the morning of Resurrection Sunday, we gathered the children onto our bed for family Bible time.  We read from the book of Matthew.  The children (and Brian) enjoyed their chocolate eggs also while we read!  I felt such an overwhelming sense of gratitude to our Lord Jesus Christ for my gift of salvation!  Praise Him!

After this we got dressed and simply spent lots of quality time together as a family.   In the late afternoon we invited some family members (none of whom could attend) and my parents for a barbeque dinner. Brian played hurling with Amy and Dylan for a long time after dinner was over, and I got Meg ready for bed and chatted with my mother as I went.  It was a lovely evening filled with family, fun and good food. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!



7 comments:

Chelle said...

I am so glad it is getting warmer there for you. I love when it gets warm so I can work in the flowers and garden. I agree with you about the movie. we have watched some of it but my husband didn't like it. We are very careful what we allow in our home too. I was very displeased when I took the children to the library the other day. It really isn't worth going anymore. I am going to start buying our books. And movies. Hope you have a wonderful week. Your baby girl looks so cool in her glasses.

Zsuzsanna said...

What a lovely picture of you and Megan. I cannot believe how BIG she is! I think her and Anna are almost the same exact age, but Megan definitely looks a lot bigger. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking... :)

So glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday weekend! You family is adorable.

Sonja said...

The green grass in your photos is beautiful! Everything is still a brownish color here... Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your family.

Katie said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration of our Lord! I was wondering how your father was doing? I've been praying for him. Beautiful photos!

Blessings to you Sarah,
Katie

Sarah said...

Chelle - I totally know what you mean in regards to some library books! Oh and yes our Meggie does look so cool in Dylan's sunglasses!

Zsuzsanna - Yes she is a big girl...she was big at birth, but my other two children were very big as babies too. At the moment I just love her little fatty legs, with tiny toes at the end!

Sonja - The grass is a lovely shade of green at the moment, though it isn't as lush as it normally is, as we haven't had rain for a while now. My husband has been watering the lawn over the last few days!

Katie - Thank you Katie! I'm sorry that I have been so slow to post an update on my fathers health. I just started a post today, so hopefully I will get it posted tomorrow! Thank you for your prayers!

Thank you all kind ladies for your sweet comments!

Taryn said...

Hebrews 6:6 KJ-There's reviews on The Passion Movie at 1)rapidnet.com 2)eternal-productions.org/passion.html and lasttrumpetministries-an online tract at the main web site.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Glad you had a wonderful Easter weekend.

Praying for you dad. Hope they figure out what is going on with his health very soon.

I watched that movie in the theater. We actually bought it, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again. But I have to say, I am glad I watched it once, it did make me understand more what Christ went through for us. I was undone, but I think I needed to be. Once was enough for me though.

Blessings,
Jackie