Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recent Happenings...




Dylan 'Ploughing'

Wow, where did the weekend go?  We have been enjoying some lovely weather here at the moment, well a few days of sunshine is worth mentioning...isn't it?  There is definitely a feeling of summer in the air which is lovely and makes me excited for lots of outside play, barbeque's, afternoon walks and ice creams!  My husband had a great idea for a lovely surprise for our children just a week or so ago; so we are busily planning in secret!  Watch this space!


Our Re-Organised 'School' Board

In a few weeks time we have relatives of mine, coming over to stay with us for the week and I am so excited!  As I have not seen my Aunt for almost 7 years!  So at the moment we are busily preparing for that and Megs dedication which will be happening the day after our guests arrive.  Anyone who knows me well, will know that I already have a looooooong 'to do' list written up on the board in preparation!  There is a list per family member so no one feels left out!  So far we have gotten a few items checked off but there is still plenty to do.  Over the last few weeks I have re-organised our school board (see picture) and taken down some old work to glue into the children's folders.  You might notice our picture of Flat Stanley pinned to the board...I hope to post and do something with 'him' in a little while.


Silly Siblings!

Sunday was Mothers Day for those of us within Europe.  It was so special to have all three children sat on our bed first thing in the morning presenting me with a card, jellybeans (my favourite) and some lovely flowers and a patio rose!  Amy bought my card and rose out of her own money and she signed it for the other two.  I actually got teary-eyed when reading it...I felt so blessed to be the lucky Mama of three treasures! 


Our Meg 'Devouring' Books Already!

Later on on Sunday we got ready and went to visit Brian's youngest brother and his wife; they had just been blessed with their second son and third child!  We have been promising to visit for a few weeks but it was hard to find a day and time that suited them and us...but we got there at last!  Their baby was just adorable...though I didn't get to have a cuddle as Meggie was asleep in the Ergo and then the tired little chap fell asleep in his crib!  Maybe next time...


Beautiful Meg!

Just today I received my copy of Above Rubies which at this stage I just glanced at.  I have been chomping at the bit waiting patiently for it to arrive!  I will try and sneak in a quiet sit down with a cup of tea later on today and read an article or two!  I especially cannot wait to read Jackie's article!  I hope you all had a great weekend and a very pleasant start to the week!


Daddy & Dylan Doing Storytime!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Your baby is beautiful. She is growing up fast. I love reading my Above Rubies Magazine too. It is always such fun to get it in the mail. I am so sorry how some responded to your last post. I thionk most are guilty for the way they believe and want to take it out on those who don't think like they do. If they read theNew Testament they talk about it in there too. And my husband has studied the food part. God changed that and said it was ok to eat meat. Hope you are having a good week. So glad your family gets to come for a visit.

His bondservant said...

What a beautiful family you have. Happy Belated Mother's Day! What a beautiful mother you are. Your reorganized school board looks great! I know what you mean about to-do lists...I have one a mile long right now. I pray you have a blessed visit with your aunt. It is always so wonderful to have family come and stay. Blessings to you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I enjoyed Jackie's article so much. I also loved Collin's article. I'm praying you guys will find like-minded believers to worship with :) Blessings to you!