Thursday, May 5, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!




Oh my, what a week so far!  We are so busy preparing for our visitors that are arriving in Ireland, late Friday afternoon and a large family gathering on Saturday.  I might have already mentioned that my 'to-do' list is HUGE!  Thankfully we have gotten a lot checked off over the last two weeks.  Seriously though, we should have visitors and gatherings more often because we really got going on all those chores that have been ignored put aside for the last few months!

I have made my party menu as follows:

Homemade Leek and Potato Soup
Bread Rolls
Homemade Mini Pizzas
Cheese Whirls (so delicious that I made three batches!)
Sandwiches (Brian offered to buy these in, because he's just sweet like that!)
A Colourful Salad
Spiced Oven-Baked Chicken Pieces
Sliced Watermelon

I have already made the soup, pizzas and cheese whirls and have put them in my deep freeze until Saturday.  Tomorrow I hope to make, bake and freeze all of the bread rolls too!  I also wanted to make a batch of granola in the morning ready for use over the next week.  Dylan usually helps with granola making, because he just loves pretending he is a digger when dumping all the ingredients in the baking pan!  

Today has been the most stressful day we have had in a long time.  Brian and I were both pretty worn out by midday.  Most things that could go wrong, did!  Sometimes dealing with others can be so frustrating, but throughout the course of the day we were able to help each other with kind words, a quick cuddle and sometimes a tissue to wipe my tears!  I won't bore you all with the details of what has been going on outside our home, but we believe the Lord is using these happenings to teach and instruct us.  We are beginning to see that we need to focus more on what the Lord wants for our family and less over what other people think!

Well, I think that's it for tonight as I must still wake Meg to feed and finish up a few last minute chores!  Oh, check out my new updated sidebar! 

 I hope you are all having an enjoyable week!


1 comment:

Chelle said...

Hope you ahve a lovely visit with you company. You can't always please everyone. As long as you please God thats all that matters. I have been where you are many times. I have had things said to me that hurt. Some were from "friends". Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.