Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Temple Grandin - Movie Review




Ok, so I don't normally like to do movie reviews; what our family deems appropriate viewing and what another family does, can be very different!  But...we enjoyed this one so much, that I just wanted to share it with you!  The movie was based on a true story of a young woman with autism.  It focuses on how Miss Grandin excelled academically, despite her autism.

According to our family's movie standards, this movie gets a "thumbs up!"  No nudity and no cursing that we could recall!  Brian and I both felt that this movie would be appropriate for children Amy's age...any younger and they may find it a little boring and some scenes could probably be upsetting for little ones. 

What I enjoyed in particular was gaining an understanding of how (some) people with autism learn and see things a lot differently.  It gave me a glimpse of how difficult it must be for autistic people, to move through a traditional school system.  

All in all this movie was a wonderful heart warming movie, and the fact that it was based on a true story made it all the better for us! 

.........................................................................................................

Just to add that this Friday is the deadline for my giveaway so be sure to enter if you haven't already, to win a copy of the Duggar family's newest book "A Love That Multiplies".  I cannot wait to read it myself!

I am currently reading  Randy Alcorn's "Pro-Life Answers For Pro-Choice Questions".  This horrific topic is often so hushed up and the horrible facts swept under the rug that it can be difficult to access the vital facts.

I am working on a challenging post regarding a similar topic at the moment and hope to have it finished later this week, ready to post in time for the Pill Kills campaign.  I hope it will provide some vital information and perhaps educate us on the facts that are so often hidden from us.

5 comments:

Our Family Is His said...

Having two sons on the spectrum, I appreciated this movie. It helped me understand them just a bit more. I will never understand how their brains work, but it gave me a glimpse and helped us to relate to them better.

Chelle said...

Good movies are important. I have never heard of this one. Maybe will have to watch it. I love true stories about people too.

Elizabeth said...

48 entries for you giveaway! Wow!! I'd say you've had a good turn out. Now, if you can just pick "Elizabeth." hahaha

I have a new friend whose oldest daughter is on the spectrum of autism. You'd never ever know she had a problem. Her mom recently put her on a gluten-free diet, which seems to help. She, like Miss Grandin, does well with her studies. Her mom said that she's been reading since she was 2!

Sounds like a great movie. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

Thank you for your comments ladies! I love it when people share movie reviews with us, especially family friendly ones or just clean adult movies that Brian and I can watch together!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I absolutely loved this movie!