Yesterday was our sweet Amy's birthday! 12 years old! We started her special day off with a yummy breakfast of: baked oatmeal with maple syrup and croissants with butter and jam! My parents then arrived over to see her and wish her happy birthday. Amy was so thankful for all the thoughtful cards and gifts she received; she is a lucky girl. Amy had gotten her 'big' birthday gift just a few weeks ago; her bike! There were still a few little gifts from Daddy and I and Dylan and Meg.
Soon after we had cleaned up after breakfast a lovely lady from church dropped by with a gift for Amy and to let the little ones play while we chatted! So excited about that...more to come! Later that day Amy had three other home educated friends, come over to our house to spend the night. Brian kindly offered to pick up some yummy pizzas for us all to enjoy. We allowed Amy and her friends stay up reeaaaallly late, but when I last checked on them at midnight they were fast asleep! After her friends all left this afternoon, Amy thanked us for giving her such a fun filled birthday, and said she appreciated her gifts and that she enjoyed every minute of her special day!
12 Things We Love About Amy!
- Amy has such a servants heart and always looks for ways to help!
- She is a fun big sister and has lots of tickles and creative games for her siblings!
- Amy makes the best cups of tea in the world!
- Even when she is feeling unhappy, Amy always does her best to play the 'glad game'!
- She is such a wonderful support to all of our family members, often speaking words of encouragement!
- Has such beautiful a beautiful smile!
- Completes her chores to a very high standard and never complains about them!
- Amy is trying so very hard to have a teachable spirit, and it has been such a joy to see her grow in this area recently!
- Amy has learnt to be unafraid of living life contrary to what the 'world' believes...she embraces being a warrior for God!
- Forgiveness is another great quality that our daughter has in abundance, she is slow to anger and quick to forgive and never holds grudges.
- She is fast becoming a wonderful pianist!
- Amy is very sensitive to the feelings of others. She will often sense a concealed emotion and be quick to offer a comforting word.
Happy 12th Birthday To Our Sweet Girl!