Monday, June 20, 2011

We're All Going On A Summer Holiday...




So I just wanted to quickly check in with you all, before we head of on our holiday tomorrow!  It is mid-morning here; Meg has gone back to bed for her nap, Amy has just gotten in the shower and Brian and Dylan have gone to take my SIL to a rent-a-car company.  One of Brian's sisters and her children are home on holidays at the moment, she is staying for three weeks.  Usually she lives with her husband and two girls in Australia, but she had decided to come home to see her mother and spend some time with her siblings and other relatives.  We had them over for dinner yesterday.  Sorry about the lack of photographs again!  I promise to post lots when we get back!

All of our children and both Brian and I are incredibly excited!  Dylan is a little nervous about going to the zoo; we think he is a little worried that the animals may be able to get at us!  He is so funny though...we have been asking him which animals he would like to see the best...and he say the cows!! 
I have already pressed a HUGE amount of clothing this morning and there are still a few items to do.  I actually love the organising and packing and of course making my trusty, mile long lists!  It really makes me laugh when someone will say "Oh my, aren't you organised?!"  and I respond with a loud "No, I must do this because I'm not!"

The Lord has been convicting me a lot about my mothering just this week!  He spoke to my heart about the verbal reprimands I direct at my children.  He reminded me that He is long suffering and patient with me, so I in turn should try to do the same for my precious children.  I know that Lord has called me to be a nurturing and gentle mother, whilst offering effective discipline.  I have no problems at all being the "disciplinarian" but I do struggle being a gentle mama!  This is why my blog is called "heartsdesire", because it is my hearts desire to become the wife and mother the God wants me to be!  I have become convicted that I am damaging my relationship with my children by using harsh, angry sounding words when I am frustrated with them.  It is true that my children are well behaved and mannerly...but I do not want to use "the voice" in order to have them comply with my wishes any longer!   I have found that the Duggars new book "A Love That Multiplies" has been immensely helpful to me.  I spoke to Brian about what was on my heart just last night and we have both agreed to make the necessary changes within our home and help keep one another accountable!  I am so blessed to have such a supportive husband!  I will keep you posted of our progress!

I Wish You All, A Wonderful Week In The LORD!


7 comments:

Our Family Is His said...

Have a great time. Enjoy your family and holiday. Enjoy every moment. Don't even worry about us here. We will be here when you come back all decompressed, relaxed, happy, and with great memories.

God is so good, isn't he?! He is there for our tiniest need all the way to our most gaping fault. He loves each of us more than even our little brains can comprehend. Sounds like He blessed you with a wonderful husband.

Chelle said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip. I love spending time on vacations with my family. I have been reading the Duggars book too. I am enjoying it. I have areas I work on too. God has shown mesomw lately too.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

I too need to work on my gentle mothering of late. I have been struggling. Maybe we could pray for each other.

Blessings and have so much fun!

Katie said...

I've been working on this same area of parenting ~ I want to raise them in just the manner He wants to!

Have a wonderful vacation!

Blessings,
Katie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

It is my great struggle as well. It is the issue that keeps me in prayer. The Duggers are so inspiring! Love those people.

Hope you have a great vacation!

His bondservant said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. I have been absent from the blog world lately and stopped by to catch up. You have been a busy lady I see! Have a great time with your family. I will look forward to seeing pictures when you get back!

Aritha said...

I recognize myself in you. I also try to be more gentle with my children. This is a struggle because sometimes I'm so tired. Then I react grumpy before I realize that I react angrily.

What are my help books of Elizabeth George (translated in Dutch)

I love reading your blog