Thursday, July 28, 2011

An Emotional Farewell...




Meg's Crib Set Up In Her Own Bedroom *sniff*

Yes, I am feeling a little bit emotional.  My sweet baby girl has moved into her own bedroom.  Her sleep is often disturbed by Brian rising for work in the early morning, that I thought it would be better for her to be in her own room and sleep undisturbed.  I have never before encountered a problem when moving a child into his/her own bedroom before.  What I describe here as a "problem", Brian described as a "emotional meltdown"...


Meg's Door Plaque

Once Megs curtain had been put up in her room, the very next day I began moving junk and furniture.  The room had previously been used as a computer/guest room.  As we disassembled Megs crib to take through to the other room, I got a little teary.


A Beautiful Room For A Beautiful Girl!

Her room looked beautiful by the time we were finished.   Kind big sister Amy also donated her lovely fairy lamp to help furnish Megs bedroom!  What a sweetie!  Brian headed up to bed that evening slightly before me and was already in a semi sleep when I crept in about fifteen minutes later.  I looked just across from my side of the bed and felt a sudden pang of deep sadness at the empty space where her crib had been.  I immediately burst into tears and sobbed about my "empty nest" for about ten full minutes!  A sweet cuddle from my husband quietened me and before long I drifted off to sleep.


Amy's Lamp That She So Kindly Gave To Meg!

I have never experienced such a strong feeling such as this before.  I'm sure that it is down to the fact, that as I age, I have a better understanding of that our babies are small for such a short time.  Their childhoods are so bittersweet.


6 comments:

Chelle said...

I know how you feel. I dreaded it with everyone of mine. I know how you feel. Kari was my hardest because she was my last one. Someday I hope to have more but that hasn't happened yet. In the Lord's time. I love her room though. It is very pretty.

Elizabeth said...

Such a cute post! Babies growing up is so bittersweet. I love Meg's room. Very precious of Amy to donate that pretty lamp.

Sarah said...

Thank you for your comments ladies! I did feel kind of silly at the time, but now not so much...the next day I was fine. Meg was not disturbed by the change of room in the slightest! Much tougher than her mama! ;)

Taryn said...

I was just reading Bruce Shortt's book- The Harsh Truth about Public Schools. On page 35 he mentions curriculums that use elemental beings-fairies,gnomes,elves,etc. It's interesting.

Taryn said...

In the book, Disney and the Bible(1996) the author writes a lot about fairies in chapter 3-Of Fairies,Witches and Grimm.

Erin said...

I was the same way. Though Eva was older. In our previous rental home, she had to sleep in our room b/c there wasn't room anywhere else. And John getting up for work would sometimes wake her up. When we moved here, he said he wanted her in her own room, which was right across the hall from us. I had a much harder time w/her not being in the same room as me than I thought I would. She adjusted well for the most part. By the way, she was 13 months when we moved into this home.