Monday, July 11, 2011

Recent Happenings...



It has been so busy around here lately, that I have barely been able to keep track of it all...so rather than boring you all to death with lengthy accounts, I have summarised all of our adventures into this disjointed, random post! 

  •  Meg has learned to wave "bye-bye"!!!  What a genius!!!
  • I washed with an "exfoliating" soap, only to later realise is was grit, left over from when Dylan washed his toy excavator in the bathroom sink!
  • We discovered that Meg LOVES her baby doll...a lot!!!
    • We made another huge batch of Cheesy Whirls (recipe to come, one of these days!) for our churchs family service.
    • Done tonnes of laundry...seriously where does it come from, I only have three children?!!
    • We discovered that we have a wasp nest in the guttering of our house.  
    • Ordered Meg's bedroom curtains, when they are ready she will be moving into her own room.  *sniff*
      • Brian, Amy, Dylan and I went to view the Tall Ships when they were docked in Waterford city.
        •  Picked lots of lovely fresh fruit from our orchard.
        • Think we may have FINALLY worked out how to play "Settlers of Catan".
        • Rescued a knocked out magpie from our garage. 
        • Read heaps and heaps of books! (hope to share more on this later)
          •  Had fun meeting up with friends.
          • Cooked one of our own turkeys out of the freezer, and got to enjoy turkey based meals for days!
          • Discussed the possiblity of attending the HEN (home education network) conference, if only for a day.
          • Caught a woman red-handed, dumping rubbish on our property!  She ended up in huge trouble with the litter-warden for dumping, and the gardai (police), because she had no car insurance and was driving on a learners permit.
          • Booked Amy and Dylan in to watch a magic show at our local library. 
          I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend...have a great week in the Lord!


            5 comments:

            Aurie said...

            Sounds like you have been pretty busy enjoying life :)

            Elizabeth said...

            I got a great chuckle out of your "exfoliating soap." LOL! Life with toddlers and preschoolers is never dull.

            Wasp nests are not fun. We live in a climate that wasps love. My husband killed SEVEN on our one acre lot last week.

            Love the tall ships... how amazing.

            I can't imagine someone dumping on our property! I don't even know how I'd react if it were to happen to me!

            Zsuzsanna said...

            Litter warden?? That's what I always dreamed about being when I grew up!!! NOT.

            Our local homeschool conference is coming up, and I am SO looking forward to it. I never knew how much I would love it until I tried it a couple of years ago for the first time. Never want to miss it again!

            We love playing Settlers of Catan! I wish you all could come visit sometime and we could play it with you.

            Having your own orchard must be heavenly! What types of trees do you have?

            Sarah said...

            Aurie - Thank you for your comment! It is wonderful to be able to enjoy a full life!

            Elizabeth - Yes I laughed so much when I realised about the "exfoliating" soap, too!

            In regards to the dumping...it makes me incredibly mad! But it is sweet when we catch a live one. Usually after that, word spreads amongst the community, and we see a decrease in dumping for a while! Post Christmas is usually the worst time for people dumping.

            Zsuzsanna - I think that we will have great fun playing it...now that we seem to understand the basic rules! It seemed so complicated at first...but I think we are finally getting it! It would be fantastic to play with your family!

            The orchard is wonderful! It can be a lot of hard work too, but it is very rewarding! We have two different varieties of apples, plums, pears, raspberries, rhubarb, blackcurrants and gooseberries!

            His bondservant said...

            Sarah,

            You certainly have been busy! So funny about the soap…that totally sounds like things that happen to me. How nice to get things from your orchard! And yuck to the dumping garbage on your property. So glad she was able to be caught so you do not have to deal with the ongoing problem. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

            In Christ,
            Jackie