Thursday, August 25, 2011

Perfect Plumfield Pizza!




Friday night is usually our family's pizza and movie night!  As a huge pizza fan, it is one night of the week that I look forward to!  We used to buy frozen pizzas, even though we knew that they were bad for our health, we reasoned that it was only a once a week 'treat'.  We then became convicted that this attitude was wrong, and that a disgusting junk food once a week was too much!  So Brian asked me to begin to prepare fresh homemade pizzas for our family, like I had done before switching to ready made.


The things I love most about preparing fresh pizzas at home are:

  • The children can help prepare the dough and they love adding the toppings!
  • We can use some of our home grown produce.
  • I can give Meg pieces to chew on and know that it is not bad for her health.
  • I can load them with organic veggies, that are beneficial for growing bodies!


Plumfield House Pizza Dough 

Water - 2 Cups
Any Healthy Oil - 2 Tbsp
Brown Sugar - 2 Tbsp (You could use honey, but I choose not to so Meg can munch on them)
Salt - 1 Tsp
White Flour - 2 Cups
Fine Wholewheat - 2.5 Cups
Fast Action Yeast - 2 Tsp

This recipe gives enough dough to make 4 huge pizzas!  In my bread machine I would add all these ingredients in the order listed and put it onto a dough cycle, which takes about 1.5 hours on my machine.  Which gives time to prepare all your cheese, veggies and meats ahead of time.  One of Dylan's favourite jobs is to shake dried herbs on the top of each pizza before we pop them into the oven.  Bake them until golden brown and gobble them up as fast as you can!  Be sure to make plenty for a leftover lunch the next day! ;)




5 comments:

His bondservant said...

This looks delicious Sarah. We like making our own homemade pizza as well. However, there are days when we still get the occasional "bad" kind.

Blessings,
Jackie

Chelle said...

Looks good. Wish I was there to enjoy it with you.

Elizabeth said...

I love the look on Dylan's face. hahaha

Is that zucchini on the first pizza. YUUUUUUM!

Sarah said...

Thank you for commenting ladies! Yes Elizabeth it is! ...Although we call them courgettes over here! I just LOVE them and we always have a huge bounty so we put them on/in everything!

Sarah said...

I just wanted to point out that the photograph of Dylan with a pizza, is not the size of a "large pizza" (per the recipe) but actually one large one split into two.