Saturday, September 17, 2011

Poor Meggie!




Yes, our poor sweet girl has a head cold!  Her eyes are watering, nose is running, sneezing and a little cough too.  Also she is drooling a lot as she is teething!  This is really the first time she has been sick and she looks just miserable!  I've been giving her infant paracetamol to take down any fever and discomfort, Karvol caps in her room, to help her breathe a little easier and (much to the disgust of many) I have used a nasal aspirator too (otherwise known in our house as, the "snot sucker"!!)  Haha, LOVELY!!  ;)

It was quite a rough night...the first ever for Meg, so I won't complain.   Thankfully she was easy to settle whenever she stirred through the night.  Brian and I will be staying home tonight, instead of going to the wedding celebrations.  I'd rather be at home nursing my babies back to health, than attending parties anyway!  As I type this, Meg is snoozing peacefully in her crib, and has been for the last 2.5 hours!



3 comments:

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

I'm sorry that your little is not feeling well. Hoping she improves soon!!

Sarah said...

Thank you Aurie! She slept so well yesterday nap time and last night. She is much improved today. The only downside now, is that I have it too! Yuck!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm sniffing right a long with her. My sympathies. Us sickies, got to stick together ;)