Saturday, September 3, 2011

Two Brilliant Sermons To Share!





Brian and I watched this sermon some weeks ago and have been so blessed by it since!  Even though I think he is GREAT, my husband became so convicted about his own spiritual leadership of our family, that he immediately began to diligently study his Bible every day!  I am so proud of the example he is setting for the rest of us!



Oh, this was so thought provoking!  Brian and I discussed this for a long time afterward; would we burn or bow?  It is true that many Christians today would bow, all the while secretly confessing, that they had not in their hearts.  I loved the references of biblical people who refused to bow down and turn from God.  For example, Daniel opening all the windows and doors of his home, to let everyone know that he was still praying.  Pastor Anderson, with the use of lots of scripture, proves that God wants us to inwardly and outwardly refuse to bow! 


6 comments:

His bondservant said...

I started watching the first one…looks great. I plan to watch it with my husband one evening this week. Thanks for sharing. It is always good to be encouraged by good preaching.

Taryn said...

Thank you for posting this. I listened to the second video. I was just reading an article about Daniel chapter 3. It said the image was an obelisk type of image according to the ratio(10:1?). The sermon was good,but I don't like the idea of a father spanking his daughter. I also don't like the Pearl's and James Dobson's teachings on spankings. I think the ages they say to start spanking are too young and they are too harsh. I do believe in moving things instead of swatting a child's hand constantly. One of my grandmothers disagreed with me on that and I couldn't visit her at her house. We visited at my aunt's house. There is an interesting web site-gentlechristianmothers.com that is worth reading. Home School Legal Defense Association says homeschoolers should not publicly spank children. I think that's wisdom. A man in our last church spanked his daughter in a store and the police were there in 10 minutes. They had to deal with social workers,etc.

Taryn said...

I find the blog,parentingfreedom.com interesting. She has an article-Is Spanking Biblical?

Sarah said...

His Bondservant ~ Jackie, I'm so excited that you plan to watch this sermon, it really is GREAT! i hope you enjoy it!

Taryn ~ In Ireland it is perfectly legal to smack ones own children. I am glad for it.

That said I would probably not smack a child of mine in a supermarket or a similar place. If the child needed smacking I would take them to the car and do it there. To do so in public will humiliate the child and perhaps cause the smacking to have no positive effect at all.

Anonymous said...

I see you didn't heed my warning during the summer and are still listening to the American Osama bin Laden. Mark my words, this lunatic is going to end up on the news after he or someone from his congregation carries out a domestic terrorist attack. I would stake my life on it.

Sarah said...

Anonymous ~ Pastor Anderson preaches the Bible. If that doesn't sit well with you, that is between you and God. We are glad for preachers like Pastor Anderson.