Sunday, October 30, 2011

1 Corinthians 10:13




There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: 
but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above 
that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, 
that ye may be able to bear it. 
~ 1 Corinthians 10:13

I love this verse in 1 Corinthians!  It reminds me that God will never tempt me above what I am able.  This scripture calms me when I'm overwhelmed.  I know that God loves me and He knows what I can handle, and when...His will and timing are perfect! :)


3 comments:

Nicole said...

I, too, LOVE this verse. It was one of the first verses that I commited to memory and hid in my heart. It is such a comfort!

lisa said...

An excellent reminder, Sarah. What a comfort the Scriptures are!
Blessings,
Lisa

Katie said...

I love this verse too and at our old house had it posted on mirror so I would see it often. Think I need to do that again! Yes, His will and timing are perfect!

p.s. I know exactly what you meant in this post but just wanted to share that God never tempts us. I don't think you meant that. :-) He allows us to be tempted, but He, himself, is never the author of the temptation. I said this very same thing in church Bible study a few years ago and several members of the church spoke up and said "God never tempts us!" I knew what I meant ~ blushing ~ but I was also thankful they were caring enough to speak up just to make sure I knew that truth in my heart. Just wanted to pass that along! =) *James 1:13*

Always a joy when I pass by here!

Blessings,
Katie