Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Are You Weary?




Truth be told, I've been going through a down period over the last two/three weeks, though it is thankfully lifting.  I'm usually a happy, positive type of person, so this feeling was unusual.  Sometimes I literally cried out to God, begging Him to let me rest.  I confessed to Him that I could not take another blow or else I'd fall.  Other times I was asking forgiveness for my selfishness, as I realise that my troubles were minor and that I should have been thankful for all the blessings He has given me.

I remember a time when newly expecting Meg, that we feared I was miscarrying again.  I cried out to God then too, telling Him how unfair it was to do this to me again, and that I would surely fall apart if I had to endure another miscarriage.  And so I became completely dependent on His strength and immediately I felt renewed.  When praying, or in His word I felt stronger!  And I came to realise what it meant, to lean on the Lord. 

It seems as though that I am at that place again.  Where the Lord is showing me that He is my rock, the place to which I can continually resort.  So even when I feel weary, if I keep my eyes on the Lord and His word in my heart then I will be renewed and I shall not faint. 

This weekend I watched this sermon, and was encouraged so much by it, that I felt I needed to share it. 



But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, 
and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
~ Isaiah  40:31 


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have been there too, Sarah. It is a difficult time. Sometimes we feel like we can take no more, and then we are given another battle to fight. I draw strength from 1 Corinthians 10:13.

I was also encouraged by the videos you shared about Graham. Thanks. Praying for you through this time. *hug*

Sarah said...

Thank you Elizabeth. :)

Nora L said...

Thankyou Sarah for sharing this sermon:-)))I watched it with my 3 children.Thanks it helped, yesterday was tough but today is going better..
Nora