Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Baby Transport...Country Style!





No new fangled buggies for us country folk!  No, all the "hip" babies are just dying to be seen out and about in high performance...wheelbarrows!  Keep up with the times ladies! ;)


Yesterday I plopped Meggie in a wheelbarrow, and grabbed Dylan, and off we went to the poly tunnel to harvest some more tomatoes for sauce making!  Meg LOVED riding in the wheelbarrow!


My little helpers had a blast.  Dylan and I raced to see, who could get the most tomatoes in the quickest!  I think he won!  I just set Meg down on the ground and gave her a tomato to eat...though I think she ate more mud then tomato!



I hadn't realised she would get so grubby...she looks so funny by the time we had finished.  We quickly called in to see my father and to wash Megs hands as they were very dirty.  Then we trundled home with our bounty and our baby!



5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your tomatoes look amazing!! I know the sauce is going to be yummy!

Of course, Meggy looks so much better than the tomatoes.

I adore that extremely plastered smile that Dylan has on the second and sixth photos!!

Our Family Is His said...

So very cute! What fun. My kids loved going to the garden to pick fruits and veggies. I often would look back to spy one of them eating right off the vine/plant. Thank goodness we don't use any chemicals and buy safe seeds or that might be a very bad thing. Hehehe.

Chelle said...

Love the pictures. My kids loved ridng in that kind of stroller too when they were little. Your tomatoes look really good.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

First of all, what is a courgette? Never heard of it, LOL. Your darlin' looks like me, swimming in tomatoes! I think I've just about had it with tomatoes for the season, LOL. Cute pics!

Sarah said...

Haha, Jackie...a courgette is what you would call a zucchini!

Yes, I know what you mean about the tomatoes! I cooked half a turkey on Monday, and we have had turkey and tomatoe sandwiches for lunch everyday this week! Except yesterday when we had...pasta with turkey and tomatoes!

Thanks for commenting everyone! :)