Saturday, October 22, 2011

Crazy, Busy, Blessed Days!




Our Littlest Miss, Reading :)

Everyday life around here is usually pretty hectic and crazy, but sometimes it just seems overwhelmingly busy; like now for example, hence my lack of blogging!   Admittedly times like these are some of the most enjoyable, exciting and blessed times we have as a family!  Here is some of what has happened, over the latter end of the week:

On Wednesday I nearly fainted, when I realised that no one had been to water in the poly tunnel, or harvest any produce since my parents departure for England on Sunday!  Yikes!  I had simply forgotten!  The plants actually looked pretty good considering, but I'm sure they look even better now after we spent around 30 minutes watering them all!  Phew, then we had to harvest a BUMPER crop of tomatoes!  Amy and I flew around filling up the wheelbarrow as fast as we could!  Brian was waiting to go to town on his own errands, and so had asked us to be super quick.  We hurried as fast as we could but it still took us one hour...Amy and I were beat by the time we got home!  So for the past few days I have been as busy as a bee, making all the tomato sauce I can cram into my pans!  Smells delicious! 


Banana And Walnut Bread...Mmmmm!

Thursday morning we cancelled school and went visiting instead!  I find it very difficult to stop the normal routine and go visiting a friend or relative, but sometimes I feel really bad because I never visit anyone!   So I packed the kids into the car and we went to visit my sister-in-law and her children. Meggie stole the show and her aunties heart with her sweet smile and friendly nature!  We had a lovely visit!

Yesterday I ran into town in the morning for a few errands that could not wait until the afternoon, and we got back just in time for Amy's music lesson.  Amy's first piano examination is within a few weeks time and she is really feeling the pressure!  She was a little teary after her lesson, so we had a little talk and a cuddle...she felt a little better then I think!   :)


Yum...Leftover Pizza!

After lunchtime we did a quick-clean and had some quiet time for about an hour, before it was time for Meg to wake up from her nap, and to get ready for book club!   We were late, but we had a great time with our friends at the library.  Meg LOVED pretending to snuggle me, as we sat on the floor down one of the book aisles...it took me a while to realise she was only doing it, so she could try and pull the books off the shelves behind me...little fox!


I then drove home with the little kids, as Amy went on a sleepover with our friends!  Amy was very excited to go, as they were going to a fireworks display in the night time!  Brian and I both had extra chores to do last night, but we were able to finish up reasonably early, and thankfully had a little quiet time together before he went to bed.


Today has been very busy so far!  I've had a few extra chores since Amy is not here and plus Saturday is always crazy...you can tell I just LOVED doing the ducks and chickens in the pouring rain, with a baby strapped to my front and a crying child who had just fell flat on his face!  But now all is quiet: Meg is napping, Dylan is eating fresh banana bread, so I thought I'd just pop in and say "hello" before I go and start all over again, make MORE tomato sauce and press all of our clothes for church tomorrow!


So yes, things here at Plumfield are very busy, as usual, but we wouldn't change it for all the gold in the world!  How blessed we are!  We may also have an important announcement in a day or so...so keep a watch out! ;) 


I Hope You All Enjoy The Lords Day Tomorrow!


4 comments:

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

Wow!! What a fun and busy week you've had :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You do sound busy. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the gardening stuff to be over. I'm pooped! We've got our garden ripped out, but now we have to prepare the beds for the winter. The there are apples and pumpkins to process. I know there is an end in site, LOL. Great pics and I hope Amy does great at her recital!

Megan said...

I just can't resist Meg's cheeky little face! Looking forward to your announcement, sounds exciting...!

His bondservant said...

You certainly have been busy. I know of what you speak…hence my terrible lack of blogging lately as well. But, at least it is for the best reason. Blogging should never take the place of the life the Lord has given us to live!