Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The BIG Three Zero!



Yes, today is my birthday.  I am now officially thirty years old!  Wowza!  I'm truthfully not upset by reaching this milestone at all.  To mark this occasion, in true dedicated blogger fashion, I thought I'd take the chance to list thirty things (in no particular order) that I love and am thankful for!

  • I am thankful for my salvation!  Jesus died for me and I love knowing that one day, I will walk with him in glory!
    • My wonderful husband and six adventure packed years together!
      • Three amazing, smart, beautiful, funny and wonderful children! 
      • Our stinky farm dog...Scruffy.  
      • Black olives...they're just too good!
      • The ever increasing stacks of amazing books that we own.
      • Our ever-so-patient extended family.  Who suffer through all our craziness with a smile (mostly)!
      • Our home...big, bright, colourful, cozy and filled with LOVE!
      • The Bible...I love God's perfect, preserved word.
      • Our own home reared beef...no growth hormones for us! 
      • Random acts of kindness.  :)
      • Dr Seuss books...they are so good, so good you see!
      • Homeschooling!  I love being around my kids all day and learning together!
      • Hymns...what a wonderful way to praise God! 
          • Date nights with my hubby...very few and far between, but always so special! 
          • Water that is safe for our family to drink, right out the tap!
          • Faithful Word Baptist Church sermons!  
          • The learning spirit that abounds within our home.
          • Like minded people, who work to protect human life, from conception until natural death.
          • My fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!  For encouraging and challenging me!
          • A brilliant mother-in-law!
          • Our small hobby farm...I love the green fields that surround me!
          • Bangers, mash, yorkshire puds and onion gravy! Mmmmmmmmm!
          • Fellow bloggers...thank you for giving me the godly counsel, challenging and educating me!
          • I'm so thankful that my husband truly is, my BEST friend!
          • Chubby baby toes! 
          • I'm thankful that my husband is able to provide so well for our family.
          • Charity/thrift stores!  My favourite kind of shopping!
          • The Internet!  How did we ever cope without it?!??


            11 comments:

            sarah in the woods said...

            happy Birthday!

            Chelle said...

            Happy Birthday!. I remember when I turned 30. Everyone ask me if I had a hard time turning thirty. I didn't. Now I'm six years into thirty. It just gets better. Now what I think about is 4 years from being 40. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

            Sarah said...

            HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great birthday!

            -Sarah :-)

            Elizabeth said...

            Happy, happy birthday, my friend. You are an inspiration and a blessing to me.

            btw, I'm coming up on 33. 30 didn't seem like a big deal to me either. :-)

            Loved your "thankful list."

            Katie said...

            Happy Happy Birthday to you!!! :) Hope your day was filled with blessings!♥

            Nicole said...

            HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I will be 30 next year :) :(
            Hope you had a wonderful wonderful day!
            Great list of things you are thankful for!!!!!

            Anonymous said...

            Happy Birthday, Sarah! Hope you had a wonderful day! You deserve it!

            Hailey

            Sarah said...

            Thank you all so much! I did have a brilliant day! My wonderful hubby took me out for dinner in the evening...it was just delicious and we had the BEST time! :)

            Amy printed off birthday banners and put them up throughout the house. Dylan sang "Happy Birthday" a hundred times over! Haha! I felt so blessed! :)

            His bondservant said...

            Happy belated birthday…sorry I am a little late. Love all the things you are thankful for! I am thankful for you!

            Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

            I haven't been blogging much, just too busy, but I wanted to wish you a belated happy birthday! You are indeed a blessed woman :) Merry Christmas!

            Daniel and Jaynee Lockwood and Family said...

            Happy Birthday all the way from Mexico!!! :)