Monday, December 5, 2011

The Great Cloth Nappy Experiment!




The great cloth nappy experiment, has been a success!  But...wow!  Little did I realise, when we first considered switching to cloth nappies, that there was so much learning to be done!  Firstly I would like to thank you all, especially "TwinkleToes", for all your invaluable advice.  It was so wonderful to get tonnes of top tips from "veteran" cloth users!

I have spent what seems like hours, researching cloth nappies online, over the last few weeks.  There was so much to take in; sifting through and picking out the nuggets (no pun intended)!  Overflowing with information, I was eager to tell everyone all I had been learning...suffice it to say that now, everyone is so over hearing about poopy nappies!

My ever-so-patient hubby, has been driven mad with me talking nappies; last time I approached him, he innocently gave me the fork he was holding, turned around, and said "Now stab me as hard as you can!"  So, since I can no longer bore my family with nappy talk...I am letting loose on you dear ladies!  ;)

So, at present we are using TotsBots EasyFit All-In-Ones, with an additional fleece liner.  They are brilliant, especially for novices like me, as they are so easy to use!  And as for washing all I have to do is remember to stick the velcro tabs back and throw it in the machine!  Drying takes a while longer, as drying outside is not possible at this time of year, and I don't want to use the tumble drier. 

Even though my hubby no longer wants to discuss: bamboo vs microfibre, all-in-ones vs pocket style or boosters and flushable liners...he has kindly agreed to me purchasing a half-a-dozen more cloth nappies for Meg!  All of which will save us money in the long run!  Hooray!  I think Meg herself will be delighted, as I'm sure they feel a lot nicer on her little tushie!



5 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww, they are so cute! That's such a cute pic of Meg! I have had a lot of fun learning about something and driven my husband insane over my "facts" also...but he does it to me farrrr more, so :)

Our Family Is His said...

I was in cloth fever for quite a while when we were making our decision. It's hard. You don't want to waste your money and want to get quality, and then there's the cute factor (hehe).

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This is something I'd never had the guts to try when my kids were little. I'm so glad you are liking your cloth diapers! I know many moms who love them :)

Elizabeth said...

I too am loving the photo of Meggy showing off her cloth nappy. So much cuter than the generic disposables.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

So cute! I could never do cloth. But I admire those who do.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog.