Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our Beautiful New Swimsuits!



Ok, so you'll probably remember this post a while back, in which I asked for advice on how we could get stylish, yet modest swimsuits for Amy and I.  Well, lots of ladies left comments with helpful advice and suggestions!  Again, thank you all for taking the time out of your busy days for doing so!

Obviously sewing our own would have been the much cheaper option, which lots of you pointed out.  We only had one snag...I cannot sew well enough at all!  So it seemed as though we were still in a pickle as to what to do, when...


My Suit...A Bit Dotty Like Me! :)

...A sweet and kind fellow blogger offered to sew our suits up for us!  I was so amazed by the generous offer, that I was probably speechless for quite while (like five whole minutes) afterwards!  So Amy and I ordered our pattern and fabrics a week or so later.


Amy's Bright And Cheerful Suit!

Despite being a busy, homeschooling momma to six children and a Pastors wife, Mrs Anderson had our suits made up and mailed to us super fast!  We are so thankful for her kindness and generosity!  Their family is such an encouragement to us!   Amy and I were absolutely thrilled with our suits, and lots of people have complimented us on them!  I think we may have started a new fashion here in Ireland!


12 comments:

Jessi said...

Those suites look great! That was nice of her to do that!

Nicole said...

They look great! We love ours too. That was so sweet of Mrs. Anderson :)

Sarah said...

One of the best things is Zsuzsanna made it into a one piece for us, with a zipper on the back...that way we don't have to worry about the "dress" part floating up! They are also super comfy to wear!

Thank you for your comments! :)

1HappyWife said...

Wow! That was really sweet of her to make them for you. I would LOVE to be able to sew like that ... maybe someday.

lisa said...

Beautiful swimsuits, Sarah! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Lisa

Zsuzsanna said...

Yes, yes, I'm nice like that... ;)

Ha - thanks a lot! I guess I have my reward in this world now!

So glad you like your swimsuits, and that others also see the beauty in being modest. I shall be happy to do a tour across Ireland, sewing swimsuits in exchange for room and board (and Kerrygold butter)... :)

Sarah said...

Hahahaha! ;)

Ruth in England said...

If you don't mind me asking, does your daughter feel less self-conscious in her new suit? They certainly have a lot more coverage, yet being so unusual they must attract attention. My 12 year old feels self-conscious in an ordinary swimsuit, but I imagine she would feel even more so in a "modest" suit as she would feel everyone was looking at her. This isn't meant as a criticism, by the way, and I am in agreement with you that decent swimwear is very hard to come by.

Sarah said...

Ruth in England ~ I can see that your question is one that might be shared by many.

Firstly, I can tell you that Amy LOVES her suit! Even though she is quite shy and doesn't like to be in the spotlight, she understands that people will be naturally curious, and perhaps stare and ask questions. Because this response is expected, it doesn't bother her at all.

Our swimsuits are unusual (perhaps more so in Europe, compared with the US), and for that reason will attract a certain amount of attention. However we feel that, that sort of attention is preferable over the "attention" of people looking at our uncovered bodies.

Also, we think that most people that might stare at our suits, are actually wondering where we got them! :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and asking such a great question! :)

Anonymous said...

Ephesians 4:32 KJ-"... be ye kind one to another,..." She's amazing and those swimsuits look very feminine. -Taryn

Lizzy W. said...

Perhaps you will be mistaken for Muslims! Many people equate Islam with Arabic descent and are very racist toward Muslims, so seeing a family of Anglos in Muslim-style swimming costumes will do a lot to educate the public in how the modesty-oriented Abrahamic faiths cross many ethnicities.

Elizabeth said...

This was such a blessing to read. The suits look amazing. Isn't it wonderful to have great friends??

Sorry I have been out of pocket lately. I have been keeping up with your blog. I just can't seem to get into the swing of things after our last little blessing. The days seem to whiz by.

Blessings to you and the family.