If you guessed an empty space then you would be right!
The empty space where our microwave used to be!
Yes, I finally just unplugged, and chucked it out...sometimes you've just got to take drastic action! Yes, I could have just left it there unused...but the sheer convenience of the dratted device, was too much of a temptation for me. So it's now gone! Hooray!
Recently I had done a little (ok, a lot) of research on how microwave usage can be extremely detrimental to ones health:
Ten Reasons You Should Not Use A Microwave:
- Micro-waved diets cause digestive disturbances.
- The human body cannot metabolize unknown by-products created in micro-waved food.
- The effects of micro-waved food by-products are permanent within the human body.
- Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating micro-waved foods.
- Minerals, vitamins and nutrients of all micro-waved food are reduced so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down for utilization.
- The nutrients in vegetables cooked in a microwave oven are altered into cancerous free radicals.
- Micro-waved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancers.
- The prolonged eating of micro-waved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
- Continual ingestion of micro-waved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
- Continually eating food processed in a microwave oven can produce virtually irreversible damage to the body’s nervous system by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain and nerve centers. This can result in the loss of memory, lack of concentration, emotional instability and decreased intelligence.
To be honest, I was worried that I would find it hard to manage, without the convenience of the microwave. You see, as I reached an age where I could begin to help with the cooking at home, my parents had already bought a microwave, so I have always been used to having one in the home. Until I met my husband, I had NEVER made either porridge, or scrambled eggs in a pan! Poor guy! ...But I'm happy to report that I haven't experienced any of the "inconveniece" I thought I would. Re-heating dinner is so easy on the stove top, or inside the oven! Who'd have thunk it? And if I can do it, anyone can! No more cancer-ridden food for us!