Meg's "Pineapple" Hair-Do!No, I haven't fallen off the edge of the world, but we have been very busy, just keeping up with our daily schedules! It feels like it's been a looooooooong time, since I posted with family update...so here you go!
- Our commitment to living more chemically free has been going great! Our homemade antiperspirant deodorant is still working brilliantly, and we have also switched to this (see below) toothpaste. I'm not sure why, but the picture below lists "green tea" as it's added ingredient...but ours has tea tree oil? It took a little getting used to at first, BUT now, I couldn't imagine going back to our old toxic one!
- Speaking of teeth, Meg cut her third tooth (a front top tooth) just this week! It seemed for a while, that she would enter into adulthood with just two teeth! The other tooth beside it, seems just about ready to cut too...so we might still have a cranky little lady, for a while yet!
- Last week I received my copy of Above Rubies. After I had finished pouring over it, I saw an advertisement for the following movie on the back page. I think I remember someone blogging about it before...but can't remember where? So, I checked out the trailer on the internet, and even though it obviously focused public schools in America, we thought it looked very interesting! My husband wanted to buy the full movie for our family to watch, and so it should arrive within the next two weeks. Can't wait!
- Over the last week or two God has been reminding me that I can do all things through Him. He will be my strength. Of course, we may all go through times were our resolve is tested, but we go forth in faith and trust, not because we think we are able. God is good, and I will trust in Him! :)
- Dylan is doing so brilliantly with his school over these last few weeks! It is truly amazing to witness his learning. He literally begs to be allowed, to complete more pages in his work book most days. Most times I allow him to work ahead, but I do stop him before he becomes bored, and loses his thirst for it.
- You might also remember in this post, I mentioned that Amy and I were trying to memorize the books of the Old Testament in order. Well last week I was finally able to manage this! It took longer than expected, simply because I kept forgetting to do it, and those minor prophets can be very tricky to remember. But now I can do it, I am so thrilled! It has already been immensely helpful in my Bible reading. Now for the New Testament!
I Hope You Have A Blessed Weekend!