Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies!



This week, I hope to have two recipes to share with you; this one obviously being the first, the second I hope to have up before the weekend is out, but we'll just have to wait and see how it goes!  This recipe one is one of my favourites!   When we make these, I have to make a lot, so I usually double or triple this batch (that way you can give some away too)...they just don't last very long around here!  My recipe gives the measurements in grams, and now I know that you readers in the US don't use grams; I used an online converter to gain the equivalent in ounces!  I think these cookies also taste best when they are still warm from the oven...Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Ingredients

150g/5.29oz Soft butter
125g/4.41oz Soft light brown sugar
100g/3.53oz Caster sugar
2 Tsp Vanilla extract
1 Egg (cold)
1 Egg yolk (cold)
300g/10.58oz Plain flour
1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
300g/10.58oz Milk chocolate chips

Method

Preheat the overn to 170C/340F/GM-3.  Line as many baking sheets you'll need with baking paper and set aside.

Melt the butter and let it cool slightly.  Put the brown and caster sugars into a bowl (or stand mixer) and add the melted butter.  Beat these ingredients together.  Now beat in the cold egg and egg yolk, and beat until your mixture is light and creamy.


Slowly mix in the flour and bicarb until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips.  Scoop dough into an level ice-cream scoop and drop out the dough into your hand.  Gently pull the dough ball into two pieces and place them onto your lined baking sheet, leaving some space between.  DO NOT flatten the cookie dough down!


Bake for 15-20 minutes in the pre-heated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.  Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring onto wire racks!  Then.............EAT THEM!!!! :)



4 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm very excited for you guys! I pray your pregnancy goes well!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

BTW, love the little due date counter on your sidebar. I've never seen one like that before. It is so cute the way the baby is floating around.

So what is the type of sugar you are using. I've never heard of it before. These cookies look delicious!

Sarah said...

Jackie ~ There are two types of sugar used in this recipe, so I'm not sure which one you mean: The "caster" sugar is simply very finely granulated sugar (usually white but you can get golden, used often in baking). The other "light soft brown sugar" description can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_sugar

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your well wishes and prayers for our new arrival! Yes, I think the baby ticker is REALLY cute too! Dylan seems to have asked me 100 times, since I put it on, "Can I see our new baby again?" ;)

Katie said...

I think sweet Dylan's smile says it all!!

Hope you are feeling well & praying for you and itty bitty one! =)

Blessings,
Katie