Monday, May 28, 2012

A Family Update



All Ready For Church

Hi folks, I'm back with the update on our family, as promised!  ...Well I guess I'll start by thanking you all once again for your prayers, kind words and encouragement.  This past week has been difficult for us as a family; coming to terms with our loss is a process that we must go through, in order to be able to move forward.  As the Bible so rightly teaches us; there is a time to weep and to mourn, we obviously cannot mourn forever, and so we must move forward through this period.


My Honey Blowing Me Kisses!  *Swoon*

I do not know how our family would have gotten through this week without God!  What a wonderful source of strength and comfort He is!  Emotionally I have been mostly steady, but there were still those dark times each day, when my grief would overwhelm me and I became afraid and fearful.  But God reminded me..."I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee"  He is so faithful!    


A Sisterly Duet!

The weather this week has really helped me feel more cheerful and positive.  It has been very sunny and warm!  The summer is here at long last...it usually doesn't last long, so we will make sure to enjoy every minute (as it really may only last minutes!) of it.  The kids and I have spent large portions of the last few days outside; reading, playing, swinging, eating, chalking...etc!  Recently I have been reading more and more about carcinogenic ingredients contained in sunscreens and so  we have stopped using them.  Instead I have been coating the kids in 100% organic aloe vera gel, before and after the sun.  Seeing as we only get about 2-6 weeks of hot weather every year, burning our skin isn't much of a concern anyway.


 

Amy Had Written This For Me Whilst
 I Was At Hospital On Monday...What A Lovely Surprise! 

 

Sweet Sibling Love!

Much of what I was reading, whilst outside enjoying the sun, was the new school books for the coming year!  We bought Galloping the Globe for Dylan even though he will be only be starting senior infants/K-5.  What a cool book, I'm so glad that I get to experience learning with such great resources along with my children!  Amy's science curriculum is still hanging over us; we thought we had made a good decision, but then we realised that the course we were looking at is only a 13 week course.  I hope to speak with my husband later on this week about it and make a final decision about it.


It was our first day back to church today (as we missed last Sunday's service - our church only meet once a week at present) and what a wonderful day it was!  We had such a lovely time that we didn't want to leave!   We had the privilege of meeting a missionary family to the Philippines who where there visiting.  The visiting Pastor showed us a DVD of his church there and the people in their community; it was humbling to watch.  We enjoyed wonderful fellowship afterward with our church family.  It was so wonderful for me to meet with the other women and share our hearts together; I feel so blessed to be there amongst some truly godly women.  Amy and Dylan both enjoyed talking/playing with their friends, and as for Meg...well she ran around laughing, visiting and eating the paper cups and napkins??!!  Funny girl!!  


 Crazies!

I Hope You All Have An Enjoyable Week!


8 comments:

Aurie{OurGoodLife} said...

What a lovely wrap up - and your photos are adorable :)

~SALLY~ said...

Sounds like you are all doing well...so glad to hear your update! Meg is SO cute too! :)

sarah in the woods said...

I am just now reading your last several blog posts. I am so sorry to hear the sad news. You will be in my prayers. Blessings to you and your lovely family.

Karen R. said...

Sarah I love the photos! I am so glad to hear you are finding your strength in the Lord and enjoying your church fellowship. Praying for you!!

Sarah said...

Apologies to some "anonymous" readers, who have left comments over the last few weeks...for some reason they did not come in for moderation, but instead went straight to my spam folder?? Not sure why this was, but I have now published those nice comments.

Chelle said...

Your pictures are so cute. Love how little Meg is helping her sister play. I am glad you are doing better. God is with us always.

1HappyWife said...

Glad you updated :)!Your strength in the Lord during this sad time is such an encouragement. Praying for each of you. What a sweet note from Amy.

Selah said...

Your family is precious! And I'm SO sorry for your loss...all y'all are in my prayers!