Friday, May 18, 2012

New Commenting Rules



Recently I have been thinking about my approach to publishing the negative comments I receive.  Normally I don't really mind the offensive, obnoxious comments, but for some reason over the last month or two, they have really started to suck the fun out of blogging for me.  Plus the Bible warns about keeping "company" with fools; so here are my new rules for the comments I will allow:

  • You do not have to have a Google ID to comment; anonymous comment are allowed as long as they meet the criteria in the following point.

  • You may only leave positive, constructive comments, even if you disagree with my point-of-view.

So, from this point forth any negative, critical, or similar type comments will be immediately deleted, and will not be given a platform on my blog.

I care neither whether this decision is "approved of", nor considered "unfair" by certain individuals and groups on the internet.  Thank you for taking the time for reading, and I hope all of the nice readers/commenters will understand my reasons for making these changes!  :)


8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I really am glad. I like to read comments on any blog. Negativity puts such a damper on things. I don't get some people. If you don't like what you're reading, why read it? Just to argue? Seems like an empty and pointless reason to read a blog post.

Nicole said...

Absolutly understandable...I agree, the comments dont bother me, or hurt me...but I write my blog so that one day my children will have it to look back on, it's their life, their childhood, the things we did, places we went, things we stood for, etc. And who needs negative ANYTHING added to it... :)

Chelle said...

I agree. You are a very nice lady and no one should be negative toward you. I love reading your post.

Nikki said...

I think you are right in NOT putting up any negative comments. I know when we started ours it seemed the BEST way for family to see us that is not near us. We have found it is a fun way to keep the memories organized for our family as well. If others do not agree with the way things are done at ones own blog then they should just go away. :) By the way I LOVE coming here.

Sara said...

Can I just clarify whether my comments about pasteurisation were considered to be acceptable under the new policy? Or are you referring to a different kind of comment? Even though I disagreed with your argument, I was still very careful to suggest an alternative view in (what I consider to be) a constructive and helpful manner. I'm a mother too and often find it very helpful when someone has the courage to point out where I *might* want to re-think certain issues when it comes to the all important task of raising children. Topics like health and nutrition are so important that it's best to hear all viewpoints,in my opinion. However, if you consider comments like this no longer unacceptable, I'll have to accept your judgment.

~SALLY~ said...

Good for you. It is YOUR blog. If someone disagrees and wants to be rude, they can go blow their steam off on their own blog. Or as I saw another blogger put it "Go scream into your pillow...it helps. Really, it does." LOL!!!

Rachel said...

Fair enough - it's your blog, so I don't see why you should have to publish comments that are unpleasant :-)

Sarah said...

Sara ~ No I didn't think your comment was unacceptable. I would have no problem publishing comments such as yours. I simply have gotten fed up with commenters who leave nasty comments on my blog.

I do not mind publishing comments even when the person diagrees with me. Please understand that these new rules are for (in the majority) certain commenters who like to use bad language and name-call in their comments. I do not think you fall into that category.