Monday, September 10, 2012

Our Baptisms!




Our Baptismal Party Of Six...Plus our Pastor and His Daughter!


Our Pastor 

Yesterday, my husband, Amy and I were baptized!!!  We were all so excited.  My parents came also and I was very happy that they came to encourage and support our family!  I think they enjoyed themselves and had a nice time visiting with our church friends.


My Husband...Bracing Himself!



Hooray For My Hubby! 

At present we do not have our own church premises, but we are blessed to have a nice cosy place to meet and a local pool close by that we can use for baptisms.  There had been a baby-swim class before we had gotten there, so the water was lovely and warm too!  :)  Our pastor prayed with us all before we went through to the pool and I could feel Amy's hands trembling as she was so nervous, but I think even the grown-ups were a little nervous too.  As we walked out to the water, I was almost bubbling over with excitement!   My husband was excited too, but he was as solid, steady and dependable as ever.


I Was So EXCITED!!




It Was Such An Amazing Feeling As I Came Up Out Of The Water! 

Dylan and Meg stayed with my parents and our church friends whilst we were baptized and changed afterward.  Dylan's face was so sweet as he watched us; he was grinning from ear-to-ear!  Meg was such a good girl and stayed quiet and watched us with great interest too.


Amy Was Up Next...





Yay For Amy! 

Our party of six were then added as church members.  This was super exciting for our family, as we have searched long and hard to find a good Bible believing church here in Ireland; we are VERY thankful to have found such a wonderful church home and family!  For the rest of the afternoon we all enjoyed wonderful fellowship and delicious food and snacks.  The ladies from the other family who were baptised, made two yummy, celebratory cakes which we all enjoyed! 



"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into 
Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: 
that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the 
Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death,
 we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection"
~ Romans 6:3-5


7 comments:

Katie said...

Praise God!!! Thank you for sharing this sweet testimony of your faith! What a blessing to be baptized together with loved ones!
Matthew 10:32♥

Blessings to you and yours as you all grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord. So thankful you found a church family ~ that is a blessing in itself.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news ~ Proverbs 25:25 friend!! :)
Katie

sarah in the woods said...

Congratulations!!

Nicole said...

Wow Sarah! Wonderful! And wonderful pictures of a blessed day :) Jada and Brynn get baptized next Sunday!!

Elizabeth said...

This truly, truly blessed me. So happy for all of you. I'm also thrilled that y'all found a church you like. <3

1HappyWife said...

I thought I commented but maybe I did not prove I was not a robot :( .

It is such a joy to get see your baptism! How wonderful that your parents were there too.

Anonymous said...

hi. were you not baptized before? or did you have to do it again for this church? i thought you were christians for a while so thought you would have already been baptized? how does this work? thanks. different churches do things differently, even having certificates, which i find a little odd or wrong maybe? what does your church do and what does the bible say as far as proving you have been immersed? just wondered. thanks.

Sarah in Ireland said...

Anon ~ Being baptized does not make anyone a Christian and does not make one "saved", but you are correct in your assumption that my husband and I have been Christians for a couple of years now, however we were both unbaptized for that time. Both my husband and I had both been "sprinkled" as babies, but we know from studying God's word that this is unscriptural, so we wished to be scripturally baptized as believers. Ous church does give out certificates as a memento of the special day, I see no problem with that. I hope my answer was helpful to you.