Monday, September 24, 2012

There's A New Name Written Down In Glory...




...And it's Dylan, oh yes it's Dylan!!! 

On the 8th of September, Dylan asked Jesus to save him!  The evening of the 7th, I was tucking Dylan into bed, and he was asking me whether or not Meg would be getting baptized with my husband, Amy and I, that Sunday.  I answered that - no she wouldn't, as she didn't even know about Jesus, and that she is too small yet to know whether she wants to trust in Him to take her to Heaven.  Dylan mulled this over and answered me "I do, I want to be a Christian".  I told him that I was pleased to hear that, but that it was time for bed and we could talk about it some other time. 

He came to me first thing the next morning and woke me to talk!  My husband had gone to work already, so I was unsure whether I should wait for him or not...but Dylan would not be put off, and wanted to hear the gospel right away!!!  I explained the "good news" to him, and he replied to me that he did trust in Jesus as his only saviour to take him to Heaven when he died.  I asked him if he wanted to wait and pray with his Dad later, he replied "no" and that he wanted to do it right away; so the two of us prayed together.

Immediately after we had prayed, Dylan leaped forward, threw his arms around my neck and hugged me tight!  He was so excited and simply beamed!  Ever since that wonderful day in his life, he has been eager to share with others, that he is now saved!!! :)


"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, 
to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven"
~ Matthew 19:14


12 comments:

Nicole said...

Praise the Lord!! I cried reading your post. How wonderful!!
Congrats Dylan!!!
Glory!!

aurie good said...

How wonderful and special!

Lovelace Family Blog said...

Praise the Lord! That is so exciting! :) I love how little children have such an amazing faith. So happy for Dylan!!!

Nina said...

Aaw that's fantastic news, praise God! x

Kimmie said...

Oh this brings tears to my eyes. Congratulations, Brother Dylan.

sage said...

Another "living stone"! Happy new-birthday Dylan!

Sarah said...

Thank you all for commenting! I'll read them out to Dylan later on, he'll be delighted! :)

Rachel said...

Aww, that's lovely Sarah!

1HappyWife said...

What joy!!!!! Praise the Lord for another little brother in Christ!

Dawn said...

congratulations Dylan I am so happy for you. Dawn.

Mrs. Josie said...

Praise God ! Congrats Dylan !! What a happy day it is.

Sarah said...

Thank you! :)