Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sermon To Share ~ Fleeing From God





My husband and I watched this sermon, just a couple of days ago...we LOVED it!  It was so convicting! 

The concept of people trying to flee from God is such a sad one.  My husband and I have discussed it a lot.  My husband also discussed the very idea (as also mentioned in the above sermon), of how true liberty comes from choosing to follow God's word in our lives, just hours before we watched this sermon!  How true! 

Before I was saved I assumed that Christians who did not participate in certain activities because of their faith, were miserably oppressed and under the rule of a tyrant...now I know different!

I LOVE obeying the Lord, not because it is easy for me (it nearly always isn't!), but because I LOVE Him and want to obey Him!!!  I know that true liberty comes from choosing to follow Him, and His will for my life!   I hope to never wish to flee from the Lord, but to delight in His presence always, just like the psalmist says:

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy
 presence?  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: 
if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.  
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost
 parts of the sea;  Even there shall thy hand lead me,
 and thy right hand shall hold me.  If I say, 
Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night
 shall be light about me.  Yea, the darkness hideth 
not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: 
the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. 
~ Psalm 139:7-12


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://counsellingresource.com/lib/therapy/self-help/stockholm/