Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sharing My Heart...




Early December...today is the day, that our baby would have been ready to make his or her arrival into the world, had we not sadly miscarried at twelve weeks gestation. 

Moving through the grieving process, these past few months has been difficult to say the least.  Even though I take comfort in the fact that our child is with our heavenly Father, my heart simply aches for my baby.  Mostly I have felt steady and strong, with the Lord upholding me, but there have also been those dark times when I was sad, fearful and I cried.  There were also times were I was angry with outsiders who offered "well-meaning" advice and comments, plus hateful comments from others via the Internet.  My husband was and has been, such a wonderful support during those fearful times, he encouraged me with God's word, prayed for/with me and simply comforted me in ways only a loving husband can. I thank God for my husband!

The Bible has also been a comfort to me over the last few months, in ways that I have never experienced before.  Wonderful words promising His love, protection and strength.  Truly our God is faithful and never once forsook me in my times of need.  


10 comments:

Mrs. Josh said...

Sarah,
I totally understand your feelings. The expected "due date" is such a sad time after a miscarriage. There are so many reminders. I understand your fear as well. What a blessing and sweet comfort that God gives us husbands that completely feel our loss too. They are so strong and I know I thank God for mine. Praying for you Sarah!!!

Karen R. said...

Oh Sarah! :( What can I say except thank you for sharing your heart with us. I really believe God will take us through struggles for many reasons but one important one is or God's Word to come alive to use like you said in a new way. The Psalms always jump out at me more intensely when I am going through something or the sermon on the mount. God bless you and your family Sarah!

Chelle said...

Praying for you. I have never been there but I know it must be hard. I know God is with you. And don't let what people say bother you. You know Gid loves you and is with you always. It is nice to have a husband who understands.

sarah in the woods said...

Praying for you and your family.

Sarah in Ireland said...

Nikki ~ Thank you for your prayers kind friend. Today as I was thinking back to that time, the Lord reminded me not of our sadness, but of your special kindness to our family...thank you. :)

Karen ~ So true, the book of Psalms has been my refuge now for many months! Thanks for your comment, and also for the private words of encouragement when we were going through all of this in May.

Chelle ~ Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

Sarah ~ Thank you! :)

Kerri said...

Thank you Sarah, for sharing what you are going through. I was so happy for you when you announced you were expecting and then so sad as you shared the loss of your baby. I pray for you often and knowing what you are going through helps me to know how to better pray for you. What a blessing it is that Brian is there by your side as you go through this together. The new picture of the two of you is so cute, it really shows a glimpse of the personality of both of you. I continue to pray for you and encourage you with Psalms 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is "HIS" reward. Most translations say "is "A" reward" but KJV tells us chilren are "HIS" reward! So whether they live to be 100 yrs. old or 12 wks in the womb they are His reward. Amazing! God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

im sorry for your loss. some people will be mean anyway, but do you think they are mean perhaps bc you sound mean on her sometimes? you sound like you have a very sharp tongue? people are usually nice to those who are nice and kind to them? you also are under no obligation to share all your personal information with complete strangers on the internet. thats your choice! witnessing your faith doesnt necessarily mean exposing every part of your life in the net? complete steangers now know the ages and names if other peoples children.....doesnt sound good to me......:(

Sarah in Ireland said...

Kerri ~ Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers, they mean a lot to us. :)



~SALLY~ said...

Hi Sarah, Unfortunately, I came to your blog today to glean some wisdom from your experience with miscarriage...I experienced my first one last weekend at 8.5 weeks and am working through the painful process of grieving and healing. Definitely not an easy road to walk but I am thankful for your words here today. Blessings, sister. :)

Sarah in Ireland said...

Sally ~ I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a precious baby is so, so hard. I will pray for you.