Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What's For Dinner?




Lamb!!!



Yes, just a couple of weeks ago, we got our lamb meat back from the butchers.  You can read other posts about our lambs here and here.  We were all so looking forward to getting the meat back, as everyone in our family LOVES lamb!  It is not something that I usually buy from the butchers or supermarket as it is simply too expensive. 

Sad though it is, I often laugh when husbands will say "Oh, we can't afford for my wife to stay home full-time", when in reality they have salon haircuts, clothes bought new, multiple foreign holidays and eat lamb regularly!  I'm glad that my husband cares about what is pleasing to God, and makes the necessary decisions to have us live in accordance with His will.

Off of my rabbit trail and back to the lamb...



The day we got the lamb back, we all had as many lamb chops as we could eat, with either mint or horse-radish sauce.  It was so GOOD!  The very next day we had a piece of roast lamb with our evening meal, which was equally delicious!  Plus, Dylan had us giggling, when he asked his Daddy for more of the delicious "horse-RABBIT" sauce for his meat!  Funny boy!

On a side note, as you can see I'm now back blogging WITH pictures once again.  I followed the advice of my lovely blog friend Nikki, and simply created a new profile and author for this blog.  So if perhaps you are wondering why my "name" is now showing up as "Sarah in Ireland", that is why! :)  Perhaps I may buy more storage in the future, but for now I think this will do nicely!  So stay tuned as I have many more pictures coming up of our adventures over the last few weeks!
 

2 comments:

sarah in the woods said...

Mmm! Fresh meat is truly a good thing. I love when we get half a steer to put in the freezer.

Karen R. said...

You know I have never had lamb before, I wonder what it taste like? So it still is more cost effective to raise the animal, pay the butcher, than to buy it in the supermarket? I really hope one day we can have a little farm..at least some chickens and a cow. Sounds like its hard work but very rewarding.