Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Big, Long, Family Update!




The Busiest Boy EVER!

Yes, it has certainly been awhile since I last dropped in with a family update!  My husband and I have been so busy lately/always with family life, church and other various priorities.  In my spare time (ha!) I have been already busily crafting ready for this Christmas.  Most recently, I've ordered in another batch of woolen felt sheets, for making soft, squishy, toys for gifts throughout the year.  Seriously though, it is so easy (not to mention frustrating) to have too many crafts on the go at the same time.  I always have to pull myself back before starting yet another craft, and make myself finish what I've already started!


Checking His Load

As you'll remember from this post, sometime after the start of the "official" school year, we made a full switch to A Beka curriculum for our kids (with the exception for French/Gaelige, for which we use Rosetta Stone and Music/Bible).  That meant that Amy was then waaaay behind in the school year, through no fault of her own.  She is working hard to catch up, and despite a few days missed due to more FUN things going on, she is making good progress!  Amy's music, is one area that simply brings our family so much joy, it is just wonderful to hear her praise God through music!  At present she is working on the hymn "Trust and Obey", it is one of my favourites, so it is such a joy to hear her play it! :)

Dylan is still working very hard at his school work also; at this stage in our school year, he has finished one full year Senior Infant/K5 maths book, is just about half-way in his reading curriculum, and is thoroughly enjoying his A Beka science book.  He is a very smart boy, though admittedly he is very energetic and active, so having him remain focused during school time can be a challenge! 

Most recently in in regards to our school schedule, I have switched Amy's tutoring time around a little, so we can have it during a quiet time in our home (when Meg is napping!).  It has been working wonderfully, although now our littlest dynamo is two, she has quietened a lot and that allows for Amy to gets some extra schooling done in the mornings too. 

Meg also loves to "do school"!  After the morning chores are done I'll ask her "Do you want to do school?", she'll nod her pretty little head and run off to find the markers!  She is too cute!  


My Handsome Men All Ready For Church *swoon*

I love the above picture of my handsome guys all dressed up for church!  Our church has had many extra events/activites on over these last few months, and just recently we were all encouraged by meeting up with some members of another small Baptist church (which is an hour or so away) for a prayer meeting.  Of course there was plenty of fun, fellowship and food to be had also, and it was very late when we finally got home!  The prayer meeting was simply to pray (as a first course of action) for the county inbetween our two churches, as there is no Bible believing church in that whole county, despite a population in the region of 145,000!  Our family lives in that particular county, and so we know first hand the desperate need for a good Bible believing church.  So both collectively, and privately, we are praying for our home county and determining what God would have us to do there.


Story Time With Nanny

We have been having "issues" with our water supply again lately, and so that has meant that we have often been without water.  For a while our water pump wouldn't switch off, and so it would just keep pumping, pumping, pumping into the house...this eventually forced that ball-cock in the attic tank to displace and...you guessed it, buckets of water began to flow through the house, just as we were about to leave for church!  That was such a funny morning...and yes, we still did make it to church, albeit slightly late!  My husband has been so busy lately, that he hadn't had time to fix the fault, but just this week he was able to and now thinks he finally has the problem under control.  Some of the photographs in this post are of those "without water" days, when we even needed to wash some laundry items by hand...believe it or not, Dylan actually begged to be allowed to do that chore, and of course being the generous mother that I am, I agreed!




Listening To "Jonathan Park"


Amy Having Her Bible Time...
Check Out Our Hard-Done-By Dog Behind Her!


Amy Took This Intertesting Photograph

For Christmas this year, Dylan received his very first Jonathan Park audio set.  He LOVES it, in fact we all love it!  Of course at this stage each disc has been thoroughly listened to, but when they were new, Dylan was literally on the edge of his seat!  My husband has rewarded Dylan's recent early completion of SI/K5 maths with the second volume of Jonathan Park audios.  :)

Speaking of Christmas gifts you might remember that I mentioned blogging seperately about the dolly Meg receieved for her Christmas gift?  I have completed that particular post, and hope to have it up over the next week or two.  I have been hanging back with it, as the seller had closed her Etsy shop for a time after Christmas, and so I wanted to wait until she was back online before I posted. :)


Sunrise On A Frosty Morning


Another Skirt For Meg, 
Upcycled From An Old Dress Of Mine! 

Next week my husband is taking a weeks holidays from work, which we are all excited for!  We love having Daddy home with us.  Though knowing my husband, it will probably be the busiest week ever, with as much crammed in a possible, but we always enjoy our extra time together anyhow!  We have a day-trip planned for one day, which should be lots of fun, so I will be updating about that soon also.

At the end of this month my husband and I will be celebrating our seventh wedding anniversary!  Wow, what an adventure these last seven years has been!  Normally we don't celebrate by doing anything fancy, but it is a lovely time to reflect back on our newly-wed days, and be thankful that we have both learned much in the time since!  I am so thankful for my husband, and I can truly say that I love him more and more every year! :)


Dylan Took A Tumble In The Chicken Pen, On A Rainy Day!


School Time Around The Table...Plus A Late Breakfast Eater!


2 comments:

Diane said...

I just started reading your blog and didn't realize that you have only been married for 7 years. Did Amy's dad pass away or are you divorced from him?

Sarah in Ireland said...

Hi Diane, Thanks for stopping by! No, Amy was born when I was a teenager, her biological dad and I were not married, and our relationship ended when I was just 6 months pregnant. My husband has been "Dad" to Amy since she was 6 years old.