Thursday, May 9, 2013

One Of Those Elusive Family Posts...


 
 

Sweet Boy
 

Dylan "Decorated" The Door-Step For Me :)

Yes, yes, it's one of those posts.  One of those ones in which I apologise for my lack of posting, with promises of being a better blogger in future...

This year the weeks are speeding by so fast, that I can hardly keep up.  One minute it is Friday and then it feels as though just two or three days has gone by, and it's Friday again!  One reason for our schedules being crazier than usual, has been the addition of a daily milking time.  It takes extra long at present, as our cows are having to be moved about so they have plenty of grass (not much at the moment, due to the lingering cold weather), this means that several of them need to be herded through fields before being milked at the shed.  Dylan and I can normally manage well by ourselves, but then there are days when the cows are being extra naughty and things don't run as smoothly as I'd like!  We hope to have things better organized, as the warmer weather arrives, and that should speed up the time it takes to get our daily milk.  

I have come to LOVE my time milking our cows (yes, we are milking TWO now)!  It is such a nice, calming activity and very rewarding too.  Our family is feeling healthier already, with the addition of raw milk to our diets.  Meg especially loves to drink "Daddy's Bu-Ah!". 



"Scruffy" Enjoying The Last Fire Of The Season

Over the last few months I discovered a wonderful new source, for buying organic fruits and vegetables (plus other items)!  It is so great, to be able to get a wider variety of foods for our family to enjoy.  The selection still isn't what some of you may be used to, but I am thrilled!  I am able to order what we need online, and have it delivered to our door-step the very next day at a reasonable price.  In addition to the fact that I no longer buy bread or milk at the supermarket, having these groceries delivered to the house, means that I only need to go to the supermarket once per week at the most!  Yippee!


Yummy Organic Produce From A New Source!

Our schooling is going well, Dylan has finished his SECOND K5 math book of the year and is nearing the end of his reading curriculum.  Such a hard worker!  As you might remember, Amy is behind on her school somewhat, because we switched out her curriculum four months into the school year.   This means that Amy is working VERY hard at present, in order to try and finish her books before the school year is ended.  But she is doing great so far and hopes to be finished by the end of July/August.  She may not get a lot of time off before the new school year begins, but she will make sure to enjoy every second of her summer break.




Miss Meg has FINALLY begun to talk properly!  She has been our slowest child at doing...just about everything.  It is not that she cannot do things, but just that she won't!  She and Dylan are having the best time playing together now that she is a little older and can communicate more. Firecracker Meg definitely loves rough, loud games best!

 
Megsie Helping With Dinner :)
 
 

7 comments:

Nikki said...

I love when you get a chance to update. I totally understand the chasing cows post. WE will be doing that soon. :) Raw milk is the best and our children can not wait to have fresh milk again.
Your produce looks wonderful! I love the picture of Megsie cooking. Too cute!We will be doing school a lot during the summer too so let Amy know she is not the only one.:)

1HappyWife said...

Ditto to almost all that Nikki said, except we won't be chasing any cows :) ... I don't think our neighbors would appreciate it if we had a cow :). Though our kids would LOVE all the milk!!!
Our school will be going well into the summer too.
Love ALL the pictures ... though those veggies made me really hungry :).
Meg is just adorable learning to be a good little keeper :). What a blessing to raise children!!!
Have a wonderful day, Friend!

Nikki said...

Sarah,
Thanks for your comments. :) Salinn said to tell Amy that her favorite colors are blue, pink, green and yellow. She had recently written a letter to Amy but misplaced it. She will send one soon.:)If you have not gotten a baby guess in ( I am not sure who has and hasn't) feel free to guess. Amy can guess too. It is open to all.:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, my name is Anja ,i have been reading your blog and you have a wonderful Family , we live in London and planning to home-school our children i like to know which curriculum you are using for Amy ?

Sarah in Ireland said...

Anja ~ Hooray for your family that you are planning to homeschool!

We began using the "A Beka" curriculum for both Amy and Dylan last year. We really like it - of course no curriculum is perfect, but on the whole we love A Beka and are very glad that we made the switch!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Nikki said...

Hi Sarah,
It is me again!!!! :) I wanted to let you know that I sent off a letter to you today but I had written it awhile ago and can't even remember what I wrote. I misplaced it. Like mother like daughter. At least I found mine! Have a wonderful day!

Sarah in Ireland said...

Nikki ~ I received your letter yesterday; you are so sweet to think of me! It was such a blessing to read! You may not get to reading this comment though so I'll stop by your blog this evening. :)