Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Family, Fixing And Fun




Mr Fix-It!


The "Fixing" Game, Is A Favourite For Dylan And Meg

Wow, what an intense couple of weeks!  There has been so much going on lately, and many challenges too.  Though whenever my husband and I begin to feel down-hearted and weary, we are reminded to be thankful for the loving Friend who is faithful, and who tells us:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest." ~ Matthew 11:28

For those who don't already know, my maternal grandmother sadly passed away two weeks ago.  She had been battling with breast/bone cancer for some time, and two weeks ago took her last breath. My grandmother was a tough, hard-working, determined, and loving woman, who will be sorely missed by us all.

I want to say "thank you", to those of you who were praying that her heart would be softened and that she would accept Christ - we very much appreciated each of you praying for her.  Although my grandmother did again refuse to hear the gospel, I am thankful that she did have several opportunities to hear and read it. 

My husband and I talked about the possibility, of all of our family attending my grandmother's funeral service - but it was simply too expensive, as well as logistically difficult due to necessary animal care.  So it was decided that I would fly out alone.  I flew over to England early yesterday morning to be with my family and attend the cremation service.  The service was non-religious, but it was still wonderful to hear tributes that different family members paid to her, and listen to funny anecdotes of her life.   We visited nearby afterwards, with tea and sandwiches for a few hours, before I flew back home. 

I must say that although I valued the time with my relatives in a time of sorrow, I was SO GLAD to be home with my children and husband - I missed them VERY much! 

This post was supposed to be much longer, but I am very short on time and still have a busy week ahead, so I think I'll cut it short here and leave you with a few pictures from the last week.  I hope you all are having an enjoyable week!


Amy Still Working Hard At Her School


I Have No Idea Why Meg Has A Blankie On Her Head
...Funny Girl!


Dylan Riding His New Go-Cart


It's A Tough Life Being A Farm Dog!


Golly's First Bath


Splash Time!



A Lovely Gift From A Sweet Friend!


I LOVE This Boy's Smile!


Summer Fun =Dirty Feet!
They Actually Were MUCH Dirtier; 

The Photo Doesn't Quite Do Justice!


2 comments:

Nikki said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother friend! Enjoyed your family update as always!

Elizabeth said...

Loved the dirty feet photo the best. :D