Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Life Lately




Dylan Working On Math, Whilst Amy Practices Her Violin

I just wanted to pop in with a mish-mash post on what has been happening in life lately.  With so much going on, I find that by the time I get a spare minute to blog, I've already forgotten about half of things I wanted to mention or fill you in on!  I could blame it on having "baby-brain"...but I'm like this all the time, so I'll just press on...

 

I Have To Laugh When People Say They Couldn't Homeschool,
Because There Are Too Many Distractions At Their House!

  • About a month ago, we had an awful scare with our cat!  One morning we were due to leave the house to go visiting, when Amy found that our cat was acting strangely.  Normally our cat is a strictly outdoor cat (on account of her fondness for urinating on any bed except Amy's!).  However, Amy was so concerned that she brought her inside.  Once up close my husband spotted, or rather felt, that she had her whole front arm caught up and through her collar!  Poor kitty had a wound of sorts and it was weeping and had matted to her fur! :(  After we had cut away as much of the offending collar as we could, without hurting her more, my husband and all the kids took the cat, to the local vet and he removed the rest and gave her an antibiotic shot and a painkiller.  Thankfully, within a day or so, Genie-Mac was back to her usual rascally self and terrorizing the birds, sans collar and warning BELL!


Genie-Mac, Happy And Healthy Again!

  • I was tickled to find out that there is an "Above Rubies Family Conference" coming up, here in the Republic of Ireland!  As far as I'm aware, this is the first time that there has been an Above Rubies event held in the South, and considering  that the location is only about one hour from our home, we are excited that, Lord willing, our family can attend!  At that time I will be only two weeks away from my due date, but we will still hope to attend, providing that little Abigail doesn't make an early appearance that is!



  • Recently, the sewing bug has stricken me again!  I haven't sewn in quite a while, so I was glad to get back at it.  Firstly, I made Meg a plain red cotton skirt (just a basic, elasticated waist type), to go with a pretty t-shirt she has.  Next, I decided to have a go at a 3-tiered skirt, the instructions for which I spotted on Pinterest some time ago.  I had some pretty fabric left over from a dress I made for Meg last year, so I thought I would use that.  I also used the same fabric throughout, rather than alternate, and that way if I made huge mistakes, they mightn't be as noticeable!  It was easier than I thought and looks super cute on Meg...though the scamp would *not* let me get a nice picture of her in it!


Amy Took This Interesting Photograph One Morning

  • School is going well and everyone is working hard.  We'll be taking a two week (approx) holiday after Abigail is born, as to alleviate my responsibilities whilst recovering, and also so we can ENJOY our newest family member!  Last week we removed all the work/posters/pictures from our school board, in order to choose a new theme (more to come on that) and clear the space for new work to be displayed.  It is not my favourite job to do...but once it is done I'll be glad we did it I'm sure.  We are keeping up our "Christian Friends From Around The World" section though, as all the lovely letters, postcards and pictures we receive from other believers worldwide, are too important to us to take down! 


Dylan Taking "Selfies"!


Funny Boy!

I Hope You're All Having A GREAT Week In The Lord!


2 comments:

1HappyWife said...

One of my favorite types of posts :). Secondly only to baby and pregnancy posts :). Meg's skirt is adorable and the fabric so pretty.
I think Dylan keeps you laughing :).

Loren said...

oh your poor cat. Im glad she is fine tho. They make "break away" collars for just that reason (same if she climbed into a tree and got caught up on branches.
Your children are absolutely darling and I cant wait to "meet" the newest member when she decides to make her arrival.