Friday, February 21, 2014

Painting Day!




Just recently, we removed all the old school work off of our blue board in the kitchen.  It was quite the task!  We had informally decided, some time ago, to try and have a Bible based "theme" for the work that we displayed on the blue board.  We decided to do this, simply to help us limit the amount of work that was displayed (they have LOTS of it!) and plus the fact, that visitors ALWAYS read our wall and ask questions about the work that the kids have done.  We what we display can often be a conversation opener for us to talk about Jesus Christ/the Bible with visitors.  Our new theme is:
 

GOD'S Wonderful Creation!  

Our verse that we have chosen to represent this is:

"I will praise thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." ~ Psalm 139:14

As a craft project, I thought it might be nice to do painted hand/foot prints to add to our board; plus any random pictures that they wanted to make.  It has been a loooooooooong time, since I brought the paints out for the kids to create with.  It is just so messy, that I find I put it off...and off...and off...!  Anyway, they had a blast that day and loved me painting their feet, which they said was VERY TICKLY!






2 comments:

1HappyWife said...

What a wonderful idea! I do hope you will share a picture of the finished product :).

GracefulMomto11 said...

Sweet.