Friday, March 28, 2014

Still Here - Three Days To Go!



First of all, my apologies that there are NO pictures to accompany this post!  :(  My camera has sat idle on my bedside locker for a loooooooooong time!  I have since brought it downstairs, so there will be a greater chance of me remembering to use it!

We have been SUPER busy lately, with lots of appointments, excursions, trips, extra chores...etc.   I have been extremely blessed in the fact that, as previously reported, I have had very high energy throughout this pregnancy, so that has helped enormously!  However, in the last two weeks, I have succumbed the typical third trimester fatigue, aches and pains, and am now needing to nap most days.

We had a great time lately, when we attended to first Above Rubies Family Conference, here in the Republic of Ireland.  It was neat to get to meet Nancy Campbell - she is a very tall lady for sure!  Meg was a perfect angel all day, which involved her sitting through the equivalent of three church services, almost back-to-back.  Even though we do not agree with the Campbell's in all areas of doctrine, we all had a nice time and were much encouraged in the raising and educating of our children.

School is still in full swing, and will continue to be so, until the BIG day, after which we will take a nice break.  The kids are all ready for a break (mama too!); especially considering that our last break was at Christmas time.  Some of the kids are so excited for our impending arrival, that they are having a very tough time remaining focused on their school work and so school is taking somewhat longer to complete each day!

We had a false alarm just two weeks ago, with me having false labour contractions coming every 7 minutes or so, for many hours.  They woke me at night, continued even when I was up and about and felt very different to the usual Braxton Hicks contractions I usually have a lot of.  However, over the next few days they fizzled out, and I'm now only experiencing the usual BH contractions.  Our midwife is super happy with both mine and  Abigail's health!  This is the first pregnancy that I have had high energy, no water infection, no yeast infection, only minimal heartburn and normal iron levels (with no additional supplements needed)!!!  God is good!!!

There is so much more family news that I wanted to share, plus account the many BLESSINGS that have come our way recently.  However, I have a MOUNTAIN of laundry waiting to be folded, so I must bring this post to an early close, and hope to get time to post again in the next few days. 

Have A Wonderful Weekend In The LORD!


2 comments:

1HappyWife said...

THANK YOU!!!! Checking in continually for some baby new :). Praying for you! Rest up and enjoy these last few days of baby kicks and rolls (I love those) soon you will be snuggling sweet Abigail! Or should I say your family will be sweetly "fighting" over her. LOL!

I was in a thrift store the other day and found a little sweater, the tag said, "Dlyan and Abby" I almost bought it ... wish I had, maybe it will still be there next time I go.

Nikki said...

Can hardly wait to hear that "she" is here! :) Glad that you are doing so well as you prepare to write another birth story! :)