"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness,
but rather reprove them." ~ Ephesians 5:11
"Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils:
ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table,
and of the table of devils." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:21
"I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes:
I hate the work of them that turn aside;
it shall not cleave to me." ~ Psalm 101:3
Of course some might say: "Well, we are Bible believing Christians...we don't do the whole "scary" things we just dress up and have fun. Whats wrong with that?" Our family feels that if something is wrong, then it is wrong, no matter what sort of "positive spin" you put on it.
- Does Halloween glorify God?
- What does the Bible say?
- Should I be filling my head and heart with evil images?
- Will this make my family spiritually vulnerable?
- What does the Bible say about witchcraft and sorcery?
- Will the things my child will see on this night, be wholesome and of God?
- Are these things of Satan?