Thursday, October 16, 2014

Warms You Twice!



"Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice" ~ Henry Ford



It Is This Handsome Chap's Birthday Very Soon!

Recently, my husband and Dylan have been busy chopping, sawing and hauling our firewood, ready for these cold autumn/winter months.  Most, if not all, of the wood so far, has come from those fallen trees that blew down in the storm earlier this year.  Last year we didn't use much wood and tried to use just coal, on account of me thinking the wood smoke was triggering Meg's asthma.  With coal, we only needed to use one bucket each time we lit and shut up the stove for the night; with wood, we have to open and close the door multiple times to keep adding new fuel and so I was worried about any escaping smoke.  However, it didn't make any difference, and so this year we'll be using wood again.  I'm sure our bank manager will be happier!!!  I am soooooo looking forward to cozy nights by the blazing stove, and a nice, hot cup of tea in hand. *sigh* 



Abigail LOVES To Hang Out With Dylan


"And Joshua made them that day hewers of wood
 and drawers of water for the congregation,
 and for the altar of the LORD,
 even unto this day, in the place which he
 should choose." ~ Joshua 9:27


2 comments:

Leslye Romero said...

I nice warm fire sounds so nice! I am definitely going to be enjoying some cool weather this year in Texas. Not quite like Ireland... I am sure, but cooler than Arizona :D

Nikki said...

I LOVE that growing boys can help their Dad's with wood. :) It is a good thing to know how to do. My son Obadiah really enjoys it. He has been helping since he was knee high to a grasshopper. They grow so fast!