Friday, April 15, 2016

Pregnancy Update ~ 17 Weeks



Now that I'm 17 (almost 18!) weeks into this pregnancy, and since several people have asked how I'm getting along, I thought I'd do a quick update here: 

Firstly, I am SO THANKFUL that God has allowed us another pregnancy, and for us to become parents again!!!  Praise Him for His goodness!!!

Physically, I am doing great; the nausea passed at around 12 weeks and I am slowly regaining some energy.  Though, I have noted that I don't have as much energy in this pregnancy, as I had at this stage in my last.  I can't really think why, as I am getting the same amount of sleep each night, eating the same way, and taking the exact same supplements.  Perhaps, it is just the obvious fact that I now have an extra child to care for, as opposed to then, and am also two years older! Ha!

In the last few weeks, I have begun to feel Baby's movements, which is such an exciting time!!!  I feel so blessed to be a woman and get to feel this precious, new life growing, wriggling and kicking around. ♥

For this pregnancy, we have employed an independent midwifery firm, so that I can finally have the homebirth, that we feel will be safest for both Baby and me.  This service wasn't available to me last pregnancy, but I am so thankful that it is now.  I have two midwives assigned to me (one whom I have already met) and they will pick up my care at 36 weeks.  Up until then, I am alternating between seeing our family GP and a lady OB at a local hospital. 

We have an ante-natal appointment coming up at the end of the month, and then just a couple of weeks later, are going for another ultrasound!  We are all so excited to find out what the gender of the Baby is!!!



All The Kiddos Are SUPER Excited
 To Meet Their New Baby Brother or Sister!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

You look great. :) I agree being able to carry another blessing is a wonderful gift. I am so thankful that God has given us this sweet little gift. so excited to find out "who" will be joining your family. :) I think it is neat that we are "due" so close this time. We are twenty weeks today!

Anonymous said...

You are really glowing and beautiful.

Sarah in Ireland said...

Thank you. :)