Monday, June 27, 2016

Psalm 139:23-24


"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." ~ Psalm 139:23-24

What a prayer!  Oh, for the courage to pray it more often! 

Each believer knows (or should at least), that even though they have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus and given new life, that they still have a fleshly, sinful body.  As such, sometimes praying the above verse to our heavenly Father can be a scary thing!  Growing to be more like Christ can be PAINFUL!  And so, I have sometimes held back prayers like this, for fear of the process of having my Christ-less lumps and bumps removed! 

I was thankful for a reminder of this verse today.  I hope it blesses and challenges you too!

3 comments:

Mrs N said...

I just wanted to stop by and say "hello" and see how your pregnancy is going? You are getting closer to the end. :) I am about a month behind you. :) We can't wait to meet our sweet new baby girl. :)

Hugs,
Mindi

Sarah in Ireland said...

Hi Mindi, Thanks for stopping by and saying "hello" :) Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Yes, I have just nine weeks to go. This pregnancy is going *very* fast. I was thinking just yesterday, that I haven't done a pregnancy update in a while. I always endeavour to do more updates...but life somehow speeds by, before I even realize. God's blessings on your pregnancy and upcoming labour. :)

Nikki said...

Hello Sarah,
Just checking in to see how you are doing. We can't wait to hear your baby is here. Ours is going to be here very soon too. :)