Sunday, November 13, 2016

Mr. James ~ 7 Weeks Old




Little James is now SEVEN weeks old!  Time is surely whizzing by at an alarming rate.  At this stage, I think he looks so much like Abigail.  In fact, so much so, that in my sleep deprived state I have been known to call him the wrong name!  He is still nursing well and he is growing like a weed, praise God.  All the kids *adore* him and we are enjoying getting to know him and see his personality develop.  
 
He is still waking for a feed at least once through the night (which is still to be expected at his age), but he is mostly a good night sleeper, which is a huge blessing.  We are again somewhat following the Contented Little Baby routines, and when on these routines in the past, our babies all have come to sleep through the night by about 12 weeks.  Waking at around 6-7am.  I do still wake them at 10-11pm for a feed until they are about 9-12 months old.  No "crying it out" needed!  It works for us and the babies are well rested and generally happy and content. :)

I have intended to post many times over this last month, *but* getting used to life with five children, home-schooling and keeping up (ha!) with the usual daily chores/activities has been chaotic at times and leaves little room for actually sitting at the computer.  I even have a post or two from *before* James was born, that are waiting to be posted!  I do intend to post them, but then again, I still haven't posted Abigail's birth story and she will be THREE next year - so much for good intentions!  In the meantime I thought you might enjoy a recent picture of our sweet little man! ♥

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd:
he shall gather the lambs with his arm,
 and carry them in his bosom,
 and shall gently lead those that are with young." 
~ Isaiah 40:11

2 comments:

Mrs N said...

Dear Sarah,
It has been awhile since I left a comment. I have since welcomed our 5th beautiful baby girl into the world. Carolina Rain was born on October 20th via c-section after she decided to turn breech at 36+ weeks. It was not the birth I had in mind but the good Lord knows best. My c-section went great and my recovery has been really smooth. I am so grateful to the Lord for that. Baby James is so handsome. It's hard to believe he is 7 weeks old. Carolina is 4 weeks old. Time sure does have a way of slipping by fast. Your beach pictures are beautiful. Such fun times. I hope you all are doing well!

Hugs from Missouri,
Mindi

Nikki said...

He is such a cutie pie. I am hoping you will put up your birth story. :)