Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Top 15 Favourite Audiobooks & Narrators

 
KJV Bible ~ Dramtized (YouTube)

Treasure Island ~ Adrian Praetzellis (Librivox)

The Scarlet Pimpernel ~ Karen Savage (Librivox)

The Call of the Wild ~ Mark Smith (Librivox)

Kidnapped ~ Mark Smith (Librivox)

The Lord of the Rings ~ Rob Englis (YouTube)

Little House Series ~ Cherry Jones (CD)

Pride & Prejudice ~ Karen Savage (Librivox)

Tom Sawyer ~ John Greenman (Librivox)

What Katy Did ~ Lauren Lefkoe (CD)

Wind in the Willows ~ Adrian Praetzellis (Librivox)

A Little Princess ~ Karen Savage (Librivox)

Robin Hood *J Walker McSpadden* ~ Barry Eads (Librivox)

Sherlock Holmes ~ Mark Smith (Librivox)

The Secret Garden ~ Dramatized (Librivox)

Here is the first of my promised book lists!  Not quite within the time frame I had expected, neither is it an actual paper book list, but hey-ho, let's just be glad that I managed to post it at all!  As a family, we listen to audio books a lot!  We have bought some audio CDs in the past, but for the most part, we listen to audio books for FREE via Librivox!  

Amy has been able to copy some of our favourites onto discs for us, which is more convenient and preferable for us, than having the laptop out and loaded to the open internet.  If we do need to leave to internet open, I usually "purify" the video, so as not to have yucky ads and/or suggested videos pop up!

They are pleasant to listen to as you do chores that don't require much concentration or thinking.  I can remember which audio I listened to, as I re-painted/decorated each particular room in our home.  I remember specifically listening to Treasure Island for the first time, as I decorated for Dylan's 6th birthday.  The middle kids just recently listened to a good portion of Lord of the Rings, as they played with playdough, one cold afternoon.

I hope this list is helpful to you, and that you and your family enjoy some of our favourite audio books!


No comments: